PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Mobile

MrKyoo
12-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Get Gmail on the go!
Now you can access your Gmail messages from the web browser on your mobile phone or device. Read and reply to your Gmail messages any time, anywhere.

It's free. (But your wireless plan might still charge, so you might want to check with your provider first.)
It's smart. It can handle attachments like photos and .pdf files.

Try it out now!
Gmail Mobile should work on most web enabled mobile phones and devices that have a wireless data plan. Try it out for yourself.

Point your phone's web browser to http://m.gmail.comHas anyone tried this yet? It’s pretty convenient especially if you have more than one Gmail account.

-MrKyoo

dkmadrid
12-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Just did for the first time. Nice, but I have my Gmail forwarded to my mobile device, so not worth the extra effort, really. I guess I could see some benefit if you did have multiple Gmail accounts, though.

Concept
12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Just did for the first time. Nice, but I have my Gmail forwarded to my mobile device, so not worth the extra effort, really. I guess I could see some benefit if you did have multiple Gmail accounts, though.
Why would it benefit with multiple gmail accounts? You can have all of them linked to your BB so what does it matter. If you ask me its more for people who don't have email on there phone and want to acess gmail. But with a BB you can have your main account forwarded and the other secondary accounts just pop3 acess. Either way you'll still get all of your emails instead of having to acess the web just to see if you got mail.

MrKyoo
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
It benefits users with multiple Gmail accounts that are forwarded/POP to their BB and only have the one Sent From Address for replies.

With this, I can receive emails from all 4 Gmail accounts on my BB then log on to Mobile Gmail to reply when need be.

-MrKyoo

Concept
12-16-2005, 12:37 AM
It benefits users with multiple Gmail accounts that are forwarded/POP to their BB and only have the one Sent From Address for replies.

With this, I can receive emails from all 4 Gmail accounts on my BB then log on to Mobile Gmail to reply when need be.

-MrKyoo
You can do the same thing with the pop3 acess. You won't get your mail but every 15 minutes from your secondary accounts but personally I think its better than trying to log onto the web just to reply through some clunky web interface.

Hanwei
12-16-2005, 03:30 AM
If you guys download the PocketDay application... it also allows you to set up to 10 reply-to addresses to choose from when you reply to an email. I have my web client check 2 hotmail accounts (every 15min) and I have 2 gmail accounts forwarding to my web client... 4 accounts total... and whenever I reply to an email I have a choice to set any of the 4 as the reply-to address.

just an fyi if yall didn't already know.

Hanwei :)

dkmadrid
12-16-2005, 09:19 AM
If you guys download the PocketDay application... it also allows you to set up to 10 reply-to addresses to choose from when you reply to an email. I have my web client check 2 hotmail accounts (every 15min) and I have 2 gmail accounts forwarding to my web client... 4 accounts total... and whenever I reply to an email I have a choice to set any of the 4 as the reply-to address.

just an fyi if yall didn't already know.

Hanwei :)
My technique, as well. PocketDay has probably been the best $20 third-party application I've ever purchased for this device, and not just for the reply-to settings.

torifile
12-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I checked it out, but it's no better than having email forwarded, as others have said. I use BBReply to change my reply to: address. Is there something that Pocketday does that the combination of BB* apps don't? Just curious.

MrKyoo
12-16-2005, 10:51 AM
To you BBReply and PocketDay users:

In the recipients in box, will the reply to email show up as the email you want them to reply to or will it show up as the original address that they sent it to?

I’d rather the recipient see in their inbox the reply to address I want them to reply to.

-MrKyoo

roofus
12-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Gmail mobile is conveinent, but Sloooowwww!

saitoh
12-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Gmail mobile is conveinent, but Sloooowwww!

not with the 8700 ;)

BlackBurner
12-16-2005, 02:02 PM

...it would be good if you need to check your archives in Gmail for an older message with important info..... ;-)

auser
12-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Has anyone tried this yet? It’s pretty convenient especially if you have more than one Gmail account.

-MrKyoo

Nice feature for mobile devices that are not Blackberry. All my email comes straight to my phone..

discostu97
12-17-2005, 03:34 PM
You might be able to have your gmail forwarded to blackberry but then the return is from your other address. Yes you can change the reply to address but it still is sent through original account. If your work tracks all your emails this is of no help. if anyone knows another way contact me offline. thx

compscibOi
12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

No neeed for this if you have a BB. I forward my mail through POP3 and the time it takes to open the site, load it enter my username password check the inbox, load the messages, click the link, load the email... Just takes too long!!! Gotta love owning a BB with PUSH services... And wtf do you need 4 email addys for? Quit phishing ppl on myspace!

dkmadrid
12-19-2005, 01:20 PM
To you BBReply and PocketDay users:

In the recipients in box, will the reply to email show up as the email you want them to reply to or will it show up as the original address that they sent it to?

I’d rather the recipient see in their inbox the reply to address I want them to reply to.

-MrKyoo

Pocketday allows you to configure up to 10 reply-to email addresses which can be used interchangeably on-the-fly. This is especially important for me, who does not use a BES but rather manages my email via the BWC, or BIC (whichever). I have a number of email accounts being checked and pushed to my mobile, and I can set the reply-to address for whichever regardless of what the official reply-to address is set to in the BWC. It's a great feature, I use it every day.

mrworld
12-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.16)

Hi, when I try to goto http://m.gmail.com on bb7520 with data only plan I get error message 406 page not supported. Any idea? Thx