PDA

View Full Version : Bb 9700 Gprs Not 3g

ukelise
02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi,
I have the new bold on a PAYG sim with orange, aded the blackberry service and stuff but everytime i trying to go on internet, im on GPRS not 3G, and I should be able to be on 3G..

Anyone knows how to fix this ?

Regards.

tsac
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Do you have a Blackberry Data plan? If not thats one issue. The other is 3G may not be available in all locations. When the service is not available in the area you are in you will only see EDGE. Seeing only GPRS indicates no data service. I would suspect you do not have a blackberry data plan if only seeing GPRS ( voice service only )

NJBlackBerry
02-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Seeing only GPRS indicates no data service.
No... Seeing gprs or edge would indicate no data service. GPRS indicates you are in an area without EDGE or 3G.

GSM is voice service only (and SMS).

tsac
02-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Agreed, I was attempting( poorly) to show the different levels of service and my suspicion he is in a bad area or only has a voice plan.

ukelise
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Do you have a Blackberry Data plan? If not thats one issue. The other is 3G may not be available in all locations. When the service is not available in the area you are in you will only see EDGE. Seeing only GPRS indicates no data service. I would suspect you do not have a blackberry data plan if only seeing GPRS ( voice service only )

Well I don't have a plan but Orange is the only provider that propose (on PAYasyougo) the Blackberry Service that mean that i have BBM, i can go on internet, got applications like facebook and stuff so i should be able to go on 3G because I have the same options as if i had a blackberry data plan.

MidnightDraven
02-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Do you see 3G when not browsing?
Does it show 3G before entering the browser and then show GPRS?

ukelise
02-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Do you see 3G when not browsing?
Does it show 3G before entering the browser and then show GPRS?

No I don't see 3G before, during or after browsing. Its always GPRS appearing.

And this is weird because before I pop in my sim card I use to have 3G appearng even if I couldnt go on internet.

MidnightDraven
02-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Is it a new sim card?
Can you check in options - mobile network and make sure its set to 3G+2G?

ukelise
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Is it a new sim card?
Can you check in options - mobile network and make sure its set to 3G+2G?

I did that but still, GPRS appearing not 3G. Really weird.. I called the customer service and they didn't seem to know what to do, so I might go to a shop.

tsac
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
If you should have 3g service then maybe the SIM is defective. Ask the carrier for a new one.

ukelise
02-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Yes I'm gonna do that today.
I have an other problem.. every time I connect my handset to my computer via the usb cable, nothing happened like my computer don't identify the handset so I can't put any music and stuff.. Any solutions ?