PDA

View Full Version : Message indicator light on BB 8330

dedawen
02-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Hello got 2 questions re: the little message indicator light in the upper right corner of my blackberry 8330...

1) The light has suddenly stopped working. No variables have changed, other than on Friday I turned the handheld on to "silent". From that point onward the little red light has stopped flashing when I get new messages. Is there some place on the device's setup that I can check to make sure its still "on"?

2) Pending the outcome of #1 this could be a purely academic question but... the guy who sits next to me at work also has a 8330 (I believe) and his message indicator light is blue/green, whereas mine is red. Is there a way to change it? Red is so ubiquitous.

Thanks in advance!

(p.s. if I should have posted this on the model specific thread, go ahead and move it with my apologies!)

hrbuckley
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM
1) It is not clear if you have returned your 8330 to the pervious profile. Assuming the light it self works, it is configured in the profile settings for each event (mail, phone calls, etc).

2) There are third party applications that let you select different colours for events. Thy searching in the after market apps forum.

dedawen
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
1) It is not clear if you have returned your 8330 to the pervious profile. Assuming the light it self works, it is configured in the profile settings for each event (mail, phone calls, etc).

2) There are third party applications that let you select different colours for events. Thy searching in the after market apps forum.

Thank you very much. The conclusion I came to is that I am too stupid to live.

I normally click on "quiet" but this time I had selected "off" - and that turns everything off, including the light.

I am going to find a hole to crawl in...and after that I will search for the application you mentioned. Thank you!

tsac
02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
There are no stupid questions.

TwoShot
02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
To add to your question: Blue = Bluetooth activated
Green= Says full charged battery when phone is off.
Red = As you stated is message.

Noodle22
02-07-2010, 06:33 PM

I normally click on "quiet" but this time I had selected "off" - and that turns everything off, including the light.

I am going to find a hole to crawl in...and after that I will search for the application you mentioned. Thank you!

We've all been there at some point, having a little humility with life is what gets you through it. No worries :)

hrbuckley
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Nah, wait till you do something similar in a code review.

Thank you!

You're welcome.