PDA

View Full Version : What is Blackberry e-mail?

CluelessUser
02-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks for bearing with me. I use an i-phone myself but my daughter wanted a Blackberry so I bought her an 8520 with 300 mins, 300 texts and unlimited internet for £15 per month. The first bill arrived for £20 so I contacted customer services and they tell me the extra £5 was for Blackberry booster for blackberry e-mail.

What is blackberry email? I'm having a hard time finding out what exactly it is. I THINK from reading between the lines it allows a push email service. Am I correct? Could she use web email on her unlimited internet access without needing the blackberry email service? If I'm right it would mean she would only get her emails when she checks for them rather than having them pushed straight to her phone. She is 17, still at college and not a business user!

Thanks.

MidnightDraven
02-13-2010, 07:13 AM
On t-mobile UK, you NEED the booster to get the service books (stuff that makes other stuff work) AND the unlimited internet.
Without the booster, internet and apps will not work (even with unlimited internet).

Unfortunately t-mobile UK have set it up in a really stupid way; but without the Booster, the internet wont work either.

CluelessUser
02-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks. That being the case T-mobile has misrepresented the deal. I was sold a contract for £15/mth which was supposed to give unlimited internet and what you are telling me is that I have to bolt on another £5/mth package to get it to work (n)

MidnightDraven
02-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Yes.
They have indeed been the stupidest company as far as price plans go.
(Which is why im moving to O2 when my contracts up)

NJBlackBerry
02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Uneducated salespeople dealing with first time users is the cause of this.

MidnightDraven
02-13-2010, 09:24 AM
It also doesn't state it correctly on the website.
Any BB requires the booster, it states this. However you can cancel it at any point during your contract.
It fails to say that without it, internet won't work either; even if you have unlimited internet included in the rest of your plan.

rambo47
02-13-2010, 11:04 AM
The £15 plan is designed for non-BlackBerry phones. To enable it on BlackBerrys you need, and I believe are required, to have the £5 booster add-on. They *should* have told you this at the time of the sale, but like NJBlackBerry said, stupid reps are to blame. And this phenomenon of stupid reps is not reserved for T-Mobile. Like Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does", and stupid is done everywhere.

tsac
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
A teenager with 300 text limit? I wonder how the next few bills will look.

Noodle22
02-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I saw one go over 10, 000 once! Fun call.

rambo47
02-13-2010, 10:00 PM
With 2 teenagers on my family plan, the best move I've ever made was getting the unlimited text option.

CluelessUser
02-14-2010, 07:52 AM
A teenager with 300 text limit? I wonder how the next few bills will look.

Ha ha! Yes. She is actually very good at keeping to a limit. She wanted unlimited internet so we had to accept a cap on texts although I think looking at my account on line I could add unlimited texts for another £5 per month.

Re the booster. I have been having an email conversation with t-mobile accounts support and even they have failed to tell me that if I cancel it she will not be able to access the internet. I have asked for clarification.

No where can I find a statement to the effect that the booster is required for full functionality and surely it is not fit for purpose without it. I have a good mind to put in a complaint to trading standards.

MidnightDraven
02-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Trust me, it won't work. I know, it happened me. When they didnt add the booster and had to call up 3 times to talk to someone who understood what I was going on about.

down-the-slope
02-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Can I suggest Virgin £20 per month. 200 mins Unltd Texts / Internet / Data + 8520 handset on 24 month deal (y)