PDA

View Full Version : My convo with Nextel Cust Care

Skyccord
11-10-2004, 02:14 AM

Johnni
01-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Alright. After hours of searching, I have found out that I need a Static IP to do anything..to surf HTML and to uise Verichat. So I'm on the phone with them right now, talking, trying to set up a Static IP on my BB account. I told him, "I'd like to add a Static IP to my account". He says, "What is that?" I said I just need it for my company. He said he doesn't even know what that is nor does it exist. So I'm talking online with a Nextel rep friend and he said, just tell him you want to talk to Tear 3 because Tear 2 and 1 don't know much. So I'm like, "can you transfer me to Tear 3?" He said, "oh I'm only a Tear 1 so I don't know anything about Static Ip. I'll transfer you to 2 then they can transfer you to 3, since it's in a chain."

After 15 mins...I'm still on the hold for a Tear 2 to come on.

yahtzee
01-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Good luck with that...sounds like you have a lot of patience..

Johnni
01-08-2005, 06:34 PM
after an hour, i decided to hang up. my BB is useless to me. all i wanted to do is aim, html and phone and DC. i know i should have gotten a sidekick but i love nextel and didnt wanna pay deactivation. *sighs*

yahtzee
01-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Why not webmessenger for the chat and www.reqwireless.com for the html? Its really not that difficult.

EDIT - have fun with the sidekick.... :P

Mark Rejhon
01-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Johnni, try calling Nextel back and trying again during a less busy period. Try asking Level 2 about the static IP address -- they may be able to help.

Saturday is sometimes understaffed... Try midday during a weekday, or weekday morning. Say, a Tuesday morning.

Also, are you really sure you want a Hiptop? Please see Why BlackBerry? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=530). Also, there's lots more software for BlackBerry than for Hiptop now!

southwestcomm
01-08-2005, 07:36 PM
All Nextel Blackberries come with a static IP. Nextel is the only provider to give each Blackberry a TCP/IP stack. Get the ReqWireless browser and you'll be fine.

Mark Rejhon
01-08-2005, 07:44 PM
As far as I know, many non-corporate Nextel customers still need to call Nextel in order to make the TCP/IP stack fully working.

Johnni
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
My update. After getting an email from PDAApps (VeriChat) asking me what OS I'm running, I emailed them back. Then I try logging in, and it works! VeriChat works and I love every minute of it. Blackberry is tight. I was having second thoughts, but no, how could I leave the BB family?

As for WebViewer, it still doesnt work for me. I loaded it (Personal version) and everytime I go to a site it says "Bad IP". So I deleted it and going to try Copr version now. Cross your fingers.

As for Verichat, I love it. I will get my license at the end of the month. I love it. I wish it had sounds tho, but I'm digging the color icons!

Johnni
01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
oh ya, i didn't need to get a static ip because some guy from nextel on hofo (jeff martin referred me to him) said that i don't need it. and another guy said just chill and wait til a couple days, maybe it takes nextel to fully function with the tcp. well, its been those couple days and everything is a-ok. i just hope i get req to work soon.

mas90guru
01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Took me a day or two from the time I activated my BB to get the web stuff working (reqwireless) - even though your phone and DC works and you can do WAP stuff - it still takes Nextel a day or two to somehow provision the ability to browse using reqwireless.

Johnni
01-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Alright, another update..

VeriChat and WebViewer BOTH officially works. I still cant save images though. But, I will get my license for both of the products. I love the 7510 (I'm sure I'd love the 7520 more) but, this is my first BB and I'm going to make it worth while. Thanks for everything guys. 8)

nextelnutt
01-13-2005, 09:56 PM
I will be getting a 7520 very soon. I ordered it today. I would like to know how you loaded the Reqwireless on to your 7510?

Any info would be great.

fliedlice
01-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I will be getting a 7520 very soon. I ordered it today. I would like to know how you loaded the Reqwireless on to your 7510?

Any info would be great.

I ordered my 7520 on saturday from nextel tela-sales and its still on back order good luck getting it in a timely manner....and there isnt a single retail store in my area that has them in stock :x

johnelaw
01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Johnni wrote:

As for WebViewer, it still doesnt work for me. I loaded it (Personal version) and everytime I go to a site it says "Bad IP". So I deleted it and going to try Copr version now. Cross your fingers.

I use the Corporate version on my 7510 without any problems. You definately can't run the Personal version on the 7510 (this according to the Reqwireless people).

Good luck,

John

rcboats1
01-17-2005, 01:06 PM

Any info would be great.

I ordered my 7520 on saturday from nextel tela-sales and its still on back order good luck getting it in a timely manner....and there isnt a single retail store in my area that has them in stock :x

I ordered my 7520 on 1/5/05 and it is still on back order. They send me an email every week with the same story "do to unexpected sales" Blah Blah...... I just want it! :cry:

GTi4Life
01-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow thats horrible. I ordered mine Dec 29 and got it on Dec 31 and then they sent me another one by accident last week and I just sent it back today. Sorry to hear that. Have fun with it when you get it its awesome!

fliedlice
01-20-2005, 03:18 AM
I ended up getting mine the day after i posted that...now i finally know why they call these things crackberry's...everyone at work hates it....im on it all the time

rcboats1
01-20-2005, 09:47 AM
I just checked my order with telesales and it says "This order has an item/items on backorder". This is getting very frustrating. :x