PDA

View Full Version : BB wont charger properly

bbmessiah
02-13-2010, 10:03 PM
i just got a blackberry curve 8310. i bought it awhile back and recently tried to use it but i found out that it won't charge properly. i basically have to wiggle the usb cord where it connects to the phone so that i can see the little black icon which means its charging. i have checked the port and it looks alright, no obvious bent pins. could i get away with replacing the port or is it some kind of hardware problem. the port is only like 3 bucks online so im hoping to do that. any help is appreciated.

jbairdjr
02-14-2010, 12:14 AM
It could be a bad charging cable but it most likely is the usb port.
Changing it can be pretty tricky, but if you can do it it will be pretty cheap.

bbmessiah
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
thanks for reply. i was beginning to think no one would answer my post. i don't think its the cable cuz its the one i use to charge my controls for my
Ps3. so you don't think its the blackberry hardware? what is tricky bout replacing the port? thanks in advance

tsac
02-14-2010, 01:52 PM
You need a blackberry charger or cable . some game cables dont work.

Joe Painter
02-14-2010, 02:16 PM
I have an older BlackBerry model 8330 that had the same problem. ATT said that the port was defective and said I need a new $300 phone. So, I bought a second battery $30 and an external charger $12. So, I have a fresh battery all the time. You can also get an external cradle for BlackBerry that is a connector for the phone to sit in. It is a little sensitive to falling our of the cradle though. That only requires 1 battery then.

bbmessiah
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
i looked up some charging cradles. how hard is it to install the port if i bought it.