PDA

View Full Version : Forgot Bb Email Password!!!!! What Can Do???

badboybernie
02-14-2010, 02:55 AM
I made my blackberry email on a 8320 a year ago. I just got the BB 9700 and cant remember the password. All my business and personal emails go to it. What can I do to get it back if i dont have my password?:?

akosnitzky
02-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Nothing unfortunately. Type it wrong 10 times and wipe the phone.

aiharkness
02-14-2010, 07:46 AM
I think OP is talking about the BIS email password and not the password on the device. Or, maybe, his my t-mobile password.

Whis is it?

By the way, when you reset the passwords, put them in password keeper on the blackberry. Then, don't forget the password keeper password. My advice, is put all you passwords in there as you create them.

akosnitzky
02-14-2010, 07:55 AM
I think OP is talking about the BIS email password and not the password on the device. Or, maybe, his my t-mobile password.

Whis is it?

By the way, when you reset the passwords, put them in password keeper on the blackberry. Then, don't forget the password keeper password. My advice, is put all you passwords in there as you create them.

Off topic - Is your profile correct

aiharkness
02-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Off topic - Is your profile correct

Mine? Unless you see something I don't see, it is.

The OP still shows the old device in his, and not the new 9700.

devnull
02-14-2010, 08:40 AM
I made my blackberry email on a 8320 a year ago. I just got the BB 9700 and cant remember the password. All my business and personal emails go to it. What can I do to get it back if i dont have my password?:?

Please make your question clear. What password are you talking about?

badboybernie
02-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm talking about the password you personally make for your blackberry email. I did store my passwords in the keeper but since I didn't touch it or anything in almost a year, I'm guessing that it reset because it won't let log in to switch it to my new phone.

aiharkness
02-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Wirelessly posted

When you put your SIM in the new blackberry and turn it on and it registers on the network, go to your my tmobile and log in. You will be prompted to change devices. If you do, the pin on the new device will then be linked to your BIS. That should be all you have to do. Give it a try.

Also, if you use switch device wizard, or backup the old and restore to the new, password keeper will be restored to the new device just as it was on the old. If you have forgotten your password keeper password, that's a different matter.

rambo47
02-14-2010, 10:34 AM
If it's the password for your email account, call or email support at the provider company (Verizon, Optimum Online, etc.) and ask about resetting it.

If it's the BIS password for T-Mobile, call their tech support and find out about resetting it.

If it's the password to get into your BlackBerry, there is no hope. You'll have to start again after a wipe.

tsac
02-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Most if not all carriers have a "forgot password" line in the BIS login.

aiharkness
02-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Wirelessly posted

For info, there is no password for the @<hidden> All that is necessary is to change the PIN associated with BIS from the previous device to the new device.

The OP seems to indicate in his latter post that it is the carrier account he is talking about, and from his profile I assume it is tmobile usa.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he may even be able to update his PIN from the device and not need to log into my tmobile on the web. I would check around inside the internet email setup application, first, then within t-zones if need be.

Otherwise, what rambo says if it is another password that needs to be reset.

badboybernie
02-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh ok. I actually tried all those things and yet still it won't switch my email to this phone. I have a new SIM card and all I. Put my old one in and all and still nothing happened. I might just call tech support.

aiharkness
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Wirelessly posted

Ahh, new information ... . I concur. Calling customer service may be your best course. Post an update afterward when you get a chance.

badboybernie
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm actually doing that now lol. Thanks for all the info guys