PDA

View Full Version : In a pickle...Help appreciated!

hugo2703
02-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Hello

I am about to upgrade my phone and I am of course considering a blackberry!
I am hesitating between a bold 9700 and the storm 2...

Could you please help me with a few of my queries:

-storm 2 does not run flash: is this true? What does this imply? Is this a big problem?

-can i browse the web in landscape mode? Or just type in landscape mode?

Finally, I enjoy the big screen but frown upon the slow internet...should i choose the bold instead???

Thank you very much for your help,
Kind regards

Hugo

MidnightDraven
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
No blackberry runs flash.

browse in landscape

internet speed is based on connection, traffic on the cell tower you are connected to, and many other things. it wont change because of device.

hugo2703
02-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Aaaa, i see. That was very useful.

Just a last quicky: will I be able to watch movies via online streaming?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Hugo

djm2
02-18-2010, 06:50 PM
I suspect that depends on the standards you apply and how you define "watch."

hugo2703
02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, i suppose that i define "watch" as one would watch a documentary on television. My standards are low for phones: little screen, no sound, poor quality do not bother me too much.

Thanks

RUFFSTUFF
02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Do you care if it makes calls? :)

hugo2703
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Calls? aaa yes...well i suppose that it is important to some extent...but I am really buying a B.B because I like the flowery motif wallpapers...

But anyway, I did not understand the point you were making???

PS: very funny wise guy

Hugo

Dubdub
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Streaming video quality would also depend on the connection since it comes in as data. I will not be anywhere near TV quality or streaming video via the Internet or WiFi. if that is what you are asking about.

So you need to define what you are willing to accept as viewable.

djm2
02-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Well, i suppose that i define "watch" as one would watch a documentary on television. My standards are low for phones: little screen, no sound, poor quality do not bother me too much.

Thanks

If you keep your expectations low -- which you appear to be doing -- then when you have a decent data connection and the cells towers aren't dominated by a lot of other traffic you will probably get an OK experience.

hugo2703
02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
That is good news.
I looked at one today and tried the demo that was available in the store. I thought it was a great phone although it was a little difficult for typing in messages and such.

Thank you all for the advice, more is always welcome...

Kind regards

Hugo