PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7290 - BES 3.6.2.14 - Wireless Calendar not Synchronizing

mpeters
12-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi - I understand that this type of problem has been posted many times but I am still having this problem on one user on our server.

The user is configured in the PIM to sync Calendar to BlackBerry Wireless Sync but no new entries in the calendar get synchronised to the handheld. The only way to get this working now is to change the option to Outlook in the PIM settings and sync by the USB cable. Whenever we change the option back to use BWS new appointments do not come across.

The device looks like it is recieving (arrows appear in the top right corner of the device) when the entry is made but nothing appears. The rest of the settings are pretty standard - no add-ins, filters or additional mail boxes etc. configured.

All the other users seem to be OK. I have used different PCs and clean installs of the Desktop Manager Software to no avail.

I have physically cleared the Calendar database on the device and recreated - still no joy.

If anyone could please help me on this in any way I would be very grateful.

BES 3.6.2.14
Blackberry 7290
Outlook 2000
Exchange 5.5
Desktop Manager 3.6.2.9 [Jan 2004]

mpeters
12-19-2005, 11:37 AM
I have resolved this issue now. It appears that the version we have of the BES does not appear to be consistent with the Blackberry (or Blackberry OS) - We had a spare older device - 7230 - I changed the user over to using this device and it worked instantly it was set up. All calendar functionality is now working wirelessly.

Thanks

CyberJack
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Have you given thought to upgrading the OS on your 7290? It seems a shame to revert back to an older BB and not make use of your 7290.