PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Notes at work; Outlook at home. Will it work?

freema22
02-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi team,
I am starting a new job in a week. I found out that my new employer uses Lotus Notes. I have always used MS Outlook, and use it at home. Will I be able to sync my BB at both locations?

Thanks,
Mike F

dc/dc
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Not if they use BES.

southwestcomm
02-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Not true - it depends if they use any IT Policies to disable DM use. If there aren't any the OP can continue to sync their device at home with Outlook.

Dubdub
02-27-2010, 08:04 PM
My advice is not to use your personal BB on the company network. If they want you to have mobile access, they will issue you a device to use.

SteveO86
02-27-2010, 11:02 PM
I follow DubDub on this one, I have 1 BB for work and 1 for personal use.

If you do insist, your BlackBerry can be synced at both work home, but you need to be careful how you configure the it.

And if you personal BB is added to the BES that makes it trickier, but I would not let them add your personal BB to their BES.

freema22
03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Work does not use a BES. My only concern was utilizing Lotus Notes for my calendar, contacts, etc. there, and Outlook at home. I sync at both locations so that I can coordinate activities and appointments with my wife and kids. There is nothing nefarious going on.

Mike F

dc/dc
03-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Work does not use a BES. My only concern was utilizing Lotus Notes for my calendar, contacts, etc. there, and Outlook at home. I sync at both locations so that I can coordinate activities and appointments with my wife and kids. There is nothing nefarious going on.

Mike F

You won't be able to. With a BES, many items are synced wirelessly and cannot be synced through Desktop Manager.

robnfalls
03-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Actually, you can. I have a personal BB 9000. I sync my BB to my work Lotus Notes calendar (one way sync) , on my work laptop, and it works fine (tho it takes a loonnng time to sync). Then I connect my BB to my personal computer with MS Outlook and it sync fine as well. Hence, my BB gets updated with work calendar as well as personal calendar.

dc/dc
03-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Actually, you can. I have a personal BB 9000. I sync my BB to my work Lotus Notes calendar (one way sync) , on my work laptop, and it works fine (tho it takes a loonnng time to sync). Then I connect my BB to my personal computer with MS Outlook and it sync fine as well. Hence, my BB gets updated with work calendar as well as personal calendar.

Please see my post above. You cannot sync both when a BES is involved.

stevetaz
03-20-2010, 02:34 PM
See post #6. The OP is not connecting to a BES...

dc/dc
03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
See post #6. The OP is not connecting to a BES...

I missed that post. Sorry for the confusion...

SteveO86
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
You sync them, just beware it might get tough managing 2 calendars and I would be very hesitant about syncing my personal info at work.