PDA

View Full Version : New 9700 - Lost the "Contacts" icon

Silver9r
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I purchased the Bold 9700 yesterday, and so far I'm happy with it. I was able to copy all of my contacts over from Outlook.

Last night I downloaded a bunch of apps, and copied over my iTunes playlists.

This morning I noticed that my "contacts" icon is no longer present. I checked in folders and could not find it.

Can someone provide some instructions on how I can bring this icon back? Thanks in advance...

scassel
03-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

The first rule of any BB problem is to pull the battery. With power on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and re-install. Try that first. With the recently loaded apps, this may have caused your problem.

If that doesn't work, it may have inadvertantly been hidden. From the App Screen, MENU/SHOW ALL. If you can now see the contacts icon but it is "greyed out", highlight the icon and then MENU/HIDE, which should remove the check mark from the HIDE selection.

Please let us know if either of these possibilities resolve your problem.

Good luck.

Silver9r
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks Scassel,

It appears that both of your suggestions worked. First, removing the battery for a few minutes helped the icon to reappear, however it was greyed out, and I couldn't understand why it would display as one of the quick apps (main screen); it was because it was hidden as well.

Since I'm a Blackberry newbie, it's going to take some time to figure all of these things out. Thanks for your quick reply, and for your help. I'm back on track now.

scassel
03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Glad it all worked out.

Good luck.