PDA

View Full Version : device application updates

saxophone
03-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Every time i start the desktop manager the system tries to look for device application updates.
This is so frustrating as it takes about 1 minute and wastes time before i can start my syncronisation.
I have attached a screen shot of the message displayed while this is happening.

How can I stop this so that when i start the desktop manager, i can begin the syncronisation immediately

thanks

wmeyer51
03-02-2010, 06:26 AM
As soon as it starts hit cancel

Motorcycle Mama
03-02-2010, 06:53 AM
You can't stop it.

saxophone
03-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Cancel does not work!
I donr even know why they have that option available

9duc
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Try the steps below (reposted from JSanders' instructions at http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/159789-why-wont-my-os-update-i-deleted-vendor-xml-file.html )

To prevent this from happening this you need to install Desktop Manager WITHOUT this Automatic Update service. Below are the steps to remove this service.

1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
3. When prompted, hit "Next" and then you should get options for Modify, Repair, or Remove. Choose "Modify."
4. On DM 4.7 and higher, in the list of installed items, you should see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Click the icon next to it and change it to "This feature will not be available." That should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." If you are using DM 4.6 or lower and don't see this option in this list then just continue with the install and the installation will ask you a few screens later. A screen will be shown where you will be asked to check the boxes for:

A) "Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts."
B) "Create a shortcut for BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the Windows Desktop."
C) "Check for software updates."

Be sure number 3, "Check for software updates," is NOT checked.

5. Finish the installation.

(Note: If you're doing a fresh install of Desktop Manager, be sure and choose the "Custom" install button so that you get the prompt for what features you want installed. Otherwise all the features will be installed as normal and you'll likely run into this issue.)

saxophone
03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestion
I tried this and still as soon as I connect my phone the system tris tries to check for device application updates
Guess I will have to live with this

9duc
03-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion
I tried this and still as soon as I connect my phone the system tris tries to check for device application updates
Guess I will have to live with this

Sorry 'bout that! I just tried this myself, and still have same issue. Darn, I thought that would work...