PDA

View Full Version : Error installing desktop manager 4.1

Yosey
12-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I am keep getting an error (The wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software could be competed installed) when I try to install the new desktop manager software. I also tried to completely remove the old version and I get the same error. I have a XP Pro with SP2. I have been trying to search for a solution and could not find anything. I have a T-Mobile 7230. Has anyone seen this?

TIA

apa1906
12-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Support - Wizard interrupted before BlackBerry Enterprise Server could be installed
Last Updated: 23 August 2005
Article Number: KB-02549

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary
This article applies to the following:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ 3.6 Service Packs 1 and 4
Microsoft® Exchange

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem
While installing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you receive the following error:

The wizard was interrupted before the Blackberry Enterprise Server could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

As a result, the blackberryserver.exe file is removed and the service is not listed in Microsoft Windows® Services.

Summary of Causes
BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation does not complete due to one of the following reasons:

Microsoft Windows Installer is corrupt or outdated.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 3.6 Service Pack 1 installation files are located on a RAID 5 disk drive.
There is insufficient space available on the root drive or root partition.
The TEMP directory has insufficient space or conflicting files.
There is a locked file on the server.
The account used to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software does not have sufficient administrative rights.
Cause 1
The Microsoft Windows Installer is corrupt or out of date.

Resolution

Download and install the current version of the Windows Installer from the Microsoft web site.

Cause 2
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation files are located on a RAID 5 disk drive.

Resolution

Move the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 Service Pack 1 installation files to another drive, such as C:\, and then run the Service Pack 1 setup.exe file.

Cause 3
There is insufficient space available on the root drive or on the root partition of the server.

Resolution

Make sure there is 1 GB available on the root drive or root partition; it is required to decompress the files in the TEMP directory and to store rollback information in the Windows directory.

Cause 4
The system TEMP directory does not have sufficient space or contains files that conflict with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation files.

Resolution

Clear the contents of the system TEMP directory. BlackBerry Enterprise Server setup.exe extracts files to and runs files from within the TEMP directory.

Note: The system TEMP directory location can be verified by reviewing the Environment variables for the variable TEMP.

Cause 5
A file on the server might be locked.

Resolution

Restart the server and close all applications that are running in the background and run setup.exe again.

Cause 6
The account used to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server does not have administrative rights.

Resolution

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account must have administrative privileges to run a Windows Installer-based setup.exe file.