PDA

View Full Version : BES for Small Business

WMurray
12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, not sure where to drop this so I thought I'd start here. I'm the admin for a non-profit with about 20 employees. I have 4 - 6 others in the office that want to migrate to BBs. With this number of users, am I better off just trying to set up redirectors, or trying the BES Small Business version? Push e-mail is a must, and current contacts/scheduling would be nice, but could be worked around. On another note, has anyone had experience with hosted email/BES. I have been looking into that option as well.
Thanks
Will

spence
12-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Since you are the admin of the mail system, could you not have all mail delivered to the included <provider>.blackberry.net address for instant push delivery. All you would then need to do is change the from address setting on the web client to the end users corporate address and you'd be good to go -- with no additional subscriptions or monthly fees.

Limitations here would be the neceissity to plug-in and synchronize contacts and calendars, and probably a couple of other lesser things, but all in all a pretty decent solution for not a lot of cash.

matthewk24
12-21-2005, 07:16 PM
We started with a SBE, which was eaten up real quick, and then moved on to a BES. The two things we experienced was that it was much more expensive to start off with a SBE and then go to a BES and it was a real pain getting the cals to register correctly.

I have no experience with hosted email/Bes, but know that the desktop redirector works pretty well, as long as you can have the computer running it 24/7.