PDA

View Full Version : Can’t access Voicemail by pressing 1 button

saffie82000
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi

I have a Blackberry Curve, when I try and access my voicemail by pressing and holding the 1 button it says I have no new messages, then I hear a sound as if someone is pressing buttons on the phone and then it says ‘sorry you are having trouble, you will now be disconnected’. To access my voicemail I have to dial 222 this then tells me each time that my mailbox is all set up and in future to access my voicemail I should press and hold the 1 button – any ideas?

Thanks

woodyuk
03-12-2010, 10:45 AM
In contacts you should have an entry with a number for voicemail.It will start with 0044.

Delete the 0s and replace them with a + so that the number now starts with +44 that should cure your problem.

I don't use my Virgin voicemail because there is no way to adjust how many times it rings before the voicemail starts and the default setting is only about 4 rings so unless you are near to your phone at all times be prepared for plenty of voicemail messages.

WraythOsu
03-12-2010, 11:23 AM
It could also be that the 1/w key got assigned to something else, un-assigned, or such and needs to be reassigned to the voicemail "contact".

Hit the green send button to bring up call list and then hit the BB button and select "View Speed Dial List".

From there you can manage all your speed dials, you can assign different ones to each of your keys.

Noodle22
03-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I often seen people with the wrong retrieval numbers programmed for their voicemail, you may have to call your carrier for the proper retrieval number based on your deposit number. They can find that out by doing a HLR querey, depending on the carrier.

You state it's Virgin, but Virgin is in multiple countries. If you let us know which area your in it may help make the advice more personal.

Sydman
03-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Also under options for your voicemail have you entered a wrong password. IE press Green call button and go to option>voicemail>under password is that the correct one?

John Clark
03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Usually deleting the speed dial for the 1/w key and then rebooting the device will fix this problem.