PDA

View Full Version : Mail Filing on HandHeld

justin.culp
12-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I searched for this and didn't find any posts that were exactly what I was looking for.

I have rules set up on my BWC (cingular) to put messages from certain accounts into their respective folders. Working great on the BWC site. When I created the folders on BWC the showed up on my handheld. So far so good....

I have 'hide filed messages' set to 'yes'.

Here's my question:

First off, I am incredibly particular about how my email is stored.
When I receive a new email on my handheld, it shows in the message list. I have to manually click the wheel and choose 'file' to put them in their correct folders. When I click 'file' the correct folder is always highlighted based on the account to which the email was sent. So that is working correctly.

Is there anyway to set up an automatic file instead of having to file manually?

Thanks in advance.

Stinsonddog
12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/5.1.2.9)

I know of no way on the 8700. I think you can do that with BES and the redirector software. Might be woth it for you. Maybe the new BIS supports it too ? Good luck.

stevew
12-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/5.1.2.9)

I know of no way on the 8700. I think you can do that with BES and the redirector software. Might be woth it for you. Maybe the new BIS supports it too ? Good luck.

Can't on a BES either...

rcbjr
12-24-2005, 01:46 AM
Think about it this way, if it were filed automatically when it came in, you would have to look in each folder to find your new email. I'll live with having to file the email rather than wondering which folder the last message got put in. I don't know of any email client that automatically files emails once read, based on filters. Or maybe I just haven't looked into the email client filters deep enough.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr