PDA

View Full Version : App to wake up BlackBerry Storm2

BuckiNut
03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I have the Storm 2 and BES. Since I have BES, the phone will lock when not in use after 1 hour. I would like to find an app that would wake up my phone periodically to prevent it from locking.

Anyone know of an App like this?

scassel
03-17-2010, 11:47 AM
To the best of my knowledge, an app that would allow you to skirt the policy of your IT department does not exist.

The policy is there to protect the company network should your handheld fall in to the wrong hands. I would consider yourself fortunate that the policy is set for one hour. My IT departments policy was 15 minutes. After I reasoned with them, they have allowed me 30 minutes.

The entering of a password is a small price to pay for your piece of mind as well as the companies.

jsconyers
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
I agree with Scassel. The policy is on there for a reason. What you're trying to do is a big security risk. What is the harm in entering a password? Is it really that much of an inconvenience to enter a password? 1 hour timeout, that's nuts. I'd never let my device go an hour before it locked. 15 minutes is excessive IMO.