PDA

View Full Version : Setting up work email

xmrwhitex
03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi all,

I have been trying for weeks to set-up my work email acc. I have two guys at work that have set-up there's all OK using an iphone so i see no reason why i shouldn't be able to get this to work...

I can access my email using outlook owa, my URL is a https and ends in owa

UN - Same as i log in using above link
PW - Same as i log in using above link
mailbox - same as UN and tried below

I get a URL is not valid message when i know it is correct and should work.

I have seen several websites stating that my mailbox name should appear when i over my mouse over the in box on my outlook mail, i get this in my status bar...
same as above then ?modurl=0#"

if you need any more info please let me know and if you have any suggestions as to what else to try please let me know

TY

Mark

tsac
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
you say "set up" but do you have a data plan? The BB uses push service and needs to be able to push email from a server or you must use the browser to retrieve the mail.
It's not an Iphone.

Dubdub
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
You need a BB data plan for push email as said above.

Did you look at our FAQ? We have a series on email and how to set it up. It will be either POP or IMAP.

xmrwhitex
03-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I have unlimited browsing, email, txt etc, Im on orange is the data plan something else i need to call them for??

i have gone through your FAQ and also searched the forums i still get errors Cannot connect to the email server using either outlook web access or POP \ IMAP

Motorcycle Mama
03-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes. You need to call and get a BlackBerry specific data plan. A generic data plan will not give you access to BlackBerry data features.

xmrwhitex
03-19-2010, 12:10 PM
I do have a blackberry specific data plan. I have just called orange and checked.

I have everything unlimited including any and all blackberry features...

Motorcycle Mama
03-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Ok. So are logging in to your carrier's BIS page in order to setup the email?

xmrwhitex
03-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I am, blackberry.orange.co.uk

just been on the phone to them, some of the people there really are monkeys!!!!