PDA

View Full Version : auto moving email messages to a folder

monamiles
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a blackberry 8830 from Sprint. I receive my emails on it through a pop3 email. We do not have a blackberry enterprise server.

The way my outlook is set up on my desktop computer is that I cc myself on all of my emails. That is a setting that I need, so I don’t want to change that. But, the problem is that on my blackberry, I receive all of my emails in one folder. Both the ones I cc myself and the ones that other people send to me. I would like for all of the emails that are from myself to be automatically moved to a separate folder on my blackberry.

Is there anything available that would automatically check the “from” when an email arrives, and if it is from me, automatically move it to a separate folder? I am willing to buy an app, if it will solve my issue.

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed on the forum. I did do a search for it, but wasn’t able to find anything. I apologize if its here and I missed it.

Greatly appreciate the help.
Mona

aiharkness
03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Wirelessly posted

You can set a filter in BIS to not forward to the handset based on the criteria you define. That might work for you as it sounds like you don't need the cc's on the device anyway, right?

dc/dc
03-19-2010, 03:32 AM
This is the wrong section.

monamiles
03-23-2010, 10:09 AM
thanks, Ira. but, i do need the cc's on my blackberry device...--mona

Wirelessly posted

You can set a filter in BIS to not forward to the handset based on the criteria you define. That might work for you as it sounds like you don't need the cc's on the device anyway, right?

daphne
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Moved to appropriate section.