PDA

View Full Version : Message redirection/hide question

TheEricHarris
12-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Here is the issue:

User has messages filtered in Outlook to go to certain folders. The folders are enabled on the BES to redirect to his BlackBerry. These messages show up on his Inbox in the BlackBerry. He doesn't want this, as it clutters his "inbox". He only wants to be able to see these messages when he goes to view the folder. When he views the folder, the messages show up there like they should. But again, he doesn't want them to show up in the inbox screen too.

Is this possible?

Also, what does the "Hide Filed Messages" option under OPTIONS do?

Device: 7100G
Server: BES 4 (Exchange)

hannahkat
12-21-2005, 11:04 AM
The 'Hide filed messages' will ensure that messages filed from the bb to personal folders do not still show in the inbox.
To change the folders that are redirected to deliver mail to your inbox:
Go to messages, click for menu and select options
Select Email Settings and click for menu
Select Folder Redirection - you should see the folders that have been redirected to the BB - select the folders to uncheck the redirection

we do this with our users to stop Sent Mail from arriving in their inbox

hokie123
08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I've tried the "reconcile now" option and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

As I read the User's Guide, Hide Filed Messages should work for more than just messages filed on the BB:

"If email messages are sent to your BB device from specific desktop email program folders, and in the general messages options, you set the Hide Filed Messages option to Yes, new messages that are sent to your device should be filed automatically, and might not appear in your messages list".

I like their choice of the words should be, and might not. I'm guessing this may be a timing issue. Of course one workaround would be to change my outlook rule to make a copy of the message in the subfolder, then delete the original message. This wouldn't work for me, because it would clog up my deleted items folder with duplicate emails. Right now I'm living on the fringe of my allocated space on our server, and can't take the hit of lost space.