PDA

View Full Version : BB 8520 WiFi (at&t)

Staticpunk84
03-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok I see countless of wifi ?s for the 85xx. But I have read just about everything. My ? is I have done everything scanned for the wifi (linksys wrt160Nv2) it shows that it finds it then ask about the general pin number you have to enter to the router i bring up the router page go in and enter the pin the phones gives me and it still wont use the wifi it times out. I was just @<hidden> a friends house and used his wifi and it just connected and yes my router is protected. So im running out of ideas. Anyone know how to fix it or show me a link on the sets to do so thanks.

Dubdub
03-19-2010, 05:14 PM
You don't enter the phone PIN. You enter the security code you have set up to access your router.

Staticpunk84
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
so your saying that pin the phones gives you you Do no enter that in you enter you password to sign in your routers main page?

Wuzzer
03-20-2010, 08:51 AM
If you set up a password to protect your router, you use THAT password when it asks you for it. The pin that's on the phone is for blackberry messenger or as a unique identifier for your specific phone.

DW_McDuck
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
POSTED BY WUZZER: If you set up a password to protect your router, you use THAT password when it asks you for it. The pin that's on the phone is for blackberry messenger or as a unique identifier for your specific phone

Wuzzer, please do not post something you are not familiar with as an answer. A Blackberry PIN, retrieved from the Status in the options menu, is used for Blackberry Messenger. The PIN that Punk is referring to is the WPS or Wireless Protected Setup PIN which is generated randomly by your blackberry for entry in the WPS admin page of the Linksys Router.

PUNK, I am experiencing the same issue and suspect that it has something to do with the software on the pc that controls the router. I think it takes over the wireless security so you cannot do it from the router admin page. Not sure, but it seems strange. All my other wireless devices work and connected fine. Could also be a security setting in the Berry I suppose. If someone has a definitive answer, then please post it.

DW_McDuck
04-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Ok, so the fix is; Change the connection setting in your :bb: wireless manager to b/g from b/g/n. You may have to do a manual connection, reboot your router and you're good to go. should connect immediately. Apparently my son's Bold 9000 :bb: also has troubles with wireless N :x

My 9700 Onyx connects fine though. They must have had a fix in between.