PDA

View Full Version : Curve 8520 - accidentally getting to Enterprise Activation?

BB8100user
03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
My T-mobile 8520 has been activated for a month now without any problems.

This morning I went to enter the security password to unlock it and view my messages.

Somehow, in the process of entering the password, and going to my email, I got to the Enterprise Activation page.

I got out of it, and tried to duplicate how I got to it, and I can't.

The only way I can get to it is by going through the settings options, but no way to accidentally get to it otherwise with a few keystrokes.

Does anyone here know how I might have accidentally gotten to Enterprise Activation??? :?

BB8100user
03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Another question that may help is - is there a list of shortcuts / key combinations that brings up the 8520 special menus / diagnostics?? Maybe I accidentally activated a special diagnostic screen that took me to Enterprise Activation?

Dubdub
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Are you on BES?

And do you have an 8520 or an 8100 as your profile says? If the former, please correct your profile.

If you are on BES, we can move to the BES Admin section as that is the more appropriate place to post this.

BB8100user
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Are you on BES?

And do you have an 8520 or an 8100 as your profile says? If the former, please correct your profile.

If you are on BES, we can move to the BES Admin section as that is the more appropriate place to post this.

Yes I'm on BES, however, I think this is more related to the 8520 than the BES.

Somehow I accidentally hit a magic combination of key shortcuts to get to the Enterprise Activation (which I had no intention of doing). So some strange key combination on the Curve 8520 is causing interesting behavior.

I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered this, or knows of a comprehensive list of key combinations that brings up "hidden menus" or shortcuts to applications.

One thing I found, while playing around trying to figure this out, is holding down the ALT + Back key (next to the digital pad), and it brings up a list of 5 applications that you can scroll through and select. I'd like to know what other hidden combos are out there, particularly one that would take you to the Enterprise Activation, by accident.

Thanks.