PDA

View Full Version : Verichat

Shinjo
12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
I am BB noob i just got my first one 2 days ago. I got a 8700c on the cingular network. Iam trying to figure out this verichat after reading on here and talking to cingular noumous times I still cant get it to work. At first i was getting a tunneling error and cingular gave me some settings to put in for the APN under the TCP settings. After putting those I got a differnet error message i cannot reporduce. Now iam getting the same tunnel message again.I do have the unlimited BB plan and wap.cingular on my account. So i have no idea of what to do next. I did a search and all I could find was people having cingular add the wap.cingular plan to their accounts. Are there any settings that I could have messed up? Thanks in advance for your help

wangta01
12-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I didn't have to call Cingular, all i did is the following:

1. Go to options ----> Advanced Options -----> TCP
2. Put in (case sensitive)
APN: wap.cingular.com
Username: WAP@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1

Save options, then unplug your battery. Wait 30 seconds, then you should be set.

indysully
12-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I didn't have to call Cingular, all i did is the following:

1. Go to options ----> Advanced Options -----> TCP
2. Put in (case sensitive)
APN: wap.cingular.com
Username: WAP@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1

Save options, then unplug your battery. Wait 30 seconds, then you should be set.

From my experience you do not need to pull the battery for the settings to take place. If you enter them and then go back to use Verichat it works right away.

Shinjo
12-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the responses. Those are the same settings that cingular gave me. After I put those in I stopped receiving my e-mails and my blackberry browser quit working, yet my cingular browser still works.

antiant
12-22-2005, 09:28 AM
hey shinjo, i'm also a bb noob and had problems with im+, but finally got it working and just the other day installed verichat based off the previous im+ settings and didn't have to configure anything really for verichat, which by the way is LOVELY and better imo, but if i were you maybe you should install im+ as a trial than remove it once you got everything connected and if you need more help let me know or PM me, i'll be happy to try and help you out, so try this for IM+:

on your blackberry's homescreen:
1. Settings>Options>Advanced Options>TCP>

APN: wap.cingular
(type them all in lower case)
(make sure that it's typed in exactly like that...i accidently typed in the "." with a space like this wap. cingular and i fixed it and all of sudden i got a connection, so it could quite possibly be that perhaps your fingers slipped on some keys, so doesn't hurt to try again)
Username for APN: WAP@<hidden>
(must type them in all capital lock letters due to it being case sensitive)
Password for APN: CINGULAR1
(also must type them in all capital)
(you want to be very careful when entering the password because you can't see the characters and your fingers can slip up)

i ended up emailing SHAPE'S IM+ for help and that is what they told me (above) excluding what's in the parenthesis and right here for an alternative to the username for APN is:

The wap.cingular APN is the official Cingular recommended APN.
An alternate configuration is an APN of "isp.cingular"
with username" ISPDA@<hidden>" and password of "CINGULAR1".

also they said switch the ports of 443 to 3000, mine is 443, so try that out first and under the connections you have an option of HTTP and TCP/IP and some other two options click on or select "TCP/IP" and leave everything else blank after doing so save all the changes you made by clicking in the trackwheel, also make sure that you type in your correct username/passwords for your accounts as well, all this info may sound repetitive, but it may possibly be you who's messing up somewhere or not, but i'd keep fiddling with it, hope it works out for you

indysully
12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Maybe I am just different but I was tired to typing in CAPS for the username and password, so just for kicks I tried lower case and it worked for me.

gkolleng
12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Are there any additional charges for changing your TCP settings to what you describe, if you have BB unlimited data plan? There are some other threads that talk about additional charges for tethered modem use even with BB unlimited data plan.

Shinjo
12-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok guys quick update on my situation. I went thru the setting again and for my apn I used "wap.cingular" without the .com and now muy veri chat works flawlessy