PDA

View Full Version : Any way to block contacts?

Charizard
03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I have my Blackberry Tour linked with one of my e-mail accounts, and although I love getting real-time updates from my important contacts, I have one person in particular who simply forwards me spam. Is there a way to block this person on my Blackberry such that I still receive e-mails from them, but my Blackberry just doesn't update with them?

Any help would be appreciated,
-- Charizard

Motorcycle Mama
03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes. Create a FILTER.

Select the email address that is RECEIVING the messages and set up a Filter for the email address you are receiving the message FROM.

This will prevent the messages from being pushed to your BlackBerry, but you will still receive them through whatever method you use for email on your computer.

GEneha
03-31-2010, 07:21 AM
I have my Blackberry Tour linked with one of my e-mail accounts, and although I love getting real-time updates from my important contacts, I have one person in particular who simply forwards me spam. Is there a way to block this person on my Blackberry such that I still receive e-mails from them, but my Blackberry just doesn't update with them?

Any help would be appreciated,
-- Charizard

You can try the new app Mail Rule Manager from Empower which allows to create rules based on some conditions. Specific actions can be taken on them and even exceptions can be set.

The best way would be to install the free trial of the app OTA from ota.getempower.com For more details about the app visit Empower website Empower Blackberry | GetEmpower (http://www.getempower.com)