PDA

View Full Version : 7105t AOL IM - Login Error (402)

stubaker
12-22-2005, 03:13 AM
I have encountered trouble getting the IM app to work on my 7105t.

AIM account is on .mac account so I don't know if that is the issue or not. I have never encountered problems with my .mac

Essentially when I login, the progress shows signing in 20% it shoots up to 80% and then says it is 'receiving buddies' shortly thereafter it stops indicated a "Login Error (402)".

If I go to a computer and launch IM it appears i am logged in. I need to logout to try the Blackberry IM client again.

I have tried deleting service book entries, applications and re-registering. None of that works. It seems to choke when it is receiving buddies (my list is under 15).

Any ideas or suggestios are greatly appreciated.

-StuBaker

stubaker
12-25-2005, 08:27 AM
FYI, in case anybody reads this. My problem stemmed from the fact that I had an AIM account running through Apple's .mac. According to other sources AIM does not play welll with others and does not support all the function of other crosswalk systems which try to connect to AIM gateways. This also makes sense since I tried going to the AIM gateway though my jabbber accounts and received a similar error. (y)

I created an AIM account and all works as it should.

Eric5273
12-25-2005, 03:47 PM
can you comment on how well the built-in AIM program works on the 7105t??

stubaker
12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
it works fine but my IM needs are simple. Looking at reviews it appears there are some other programs better suited for IM but they also cost $