PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard "locked" Bold 9700

quarterbloodcherokee
03-27-2010, 06:10 AM
I "locked" my keyboard (BB) last night. Turned it off, sent it to bed. Turned it on or activated it this morning and pressed the cursor button, it opens the "Device is locked" popup window, I then move the cursor to "unlock" and the password mask opens that asks for the password, here is the problem, cannot type the password as the keyboard shows no signs of life or function, and or, cannot give in password, non functioning keyboard. Can only say as (I can't get into the Blackberry), that it has the Blackberry 5.0.0 system software on-board. Hard "reset" (battery removal) does not do the trick. Any ideas?

devnull
03-27-2010, 07:19 AM
did the phone get wet or dropped?

quarterbloodcherokee
03-27-2010, 07:55 AM
did the phone get wet or dropped?

Good day devnull, that is the strangest thing of all. no it was not dropped and or got wet, fresh, new, out of the box, registered with Blackberry for an email account, went very well, tested and activated internet connections and other email accounts. Everything went very well (worked as should). Nothing downloaded and or installed to the best of my knowledge. The wonderful Blackberry just will not allow the input of an password. Is life not strange sometimes?

quarterbloodcherokee
03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
wiped it clean with JL_Cmder v1.9.0 and reinstalled the BlackBerry software. She (BlackBerry) hums and operates as should! The Cmder did "dirty deeds, dirt cheap" as one might say. Just had to re-activate Emails and a few other odds and ins!