PDA

View Full Version : Looking for USB driver

jmcarrillo
03-30-2010, 09:04 AM
My wife recently bought a BB curve 8520, I have a Storm 9530. So the Desktop Manager software and the storm USB driver are already installed. When I plug in my storm the computer recognises it immediately and mounts it as a drive. However, when we plugin my wife's curve it doesn't mount it as a drive. The curve came with one CD, it has the Desktop Manager, user guide, etc. I don't see the usb driver on the cd.

I think that I need to install the usb driver for the curve so that I can mount and access it like I do the storm - for transfering files, pics, videos, etc.

Where can I find the usb driver for the curve 8520?

Noodle22
03-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Does DTM recognize the device at all? You could transfer files using mass storage mode.

I had an issue where my 8520 would not be recognized by DTM for awhile, only if I turned on the computer with it plugged in. I googled around for a bit and I did find a page that offered drivers to help fix this issue, as well as other options for it.

Unfortunately I don't have a link available, but that may be what your looking for. I never ended up using it as now my 8520 is recognized each time, though if it stops again I know it will work by having it plugged in when I turn the computer on.

jmcarrillo
03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
DTM is recognising it, but it's not mounting like a flash drive does. Mass Storage is on and Auto Mass Storage is also on.

devnull
03-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought(but could be wrong) that DTM provides the required drivers for all BB phones.

Does the 8520 have a media card?

jmcarrillo
03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
it does, but it's not working

Noodle22
03-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Have you formatted the media card?

RUFFSTUFF
03-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Turn on media card support.
Turn off media transfer protocol.
Turn on mass storage mode support.
Turn on auto enable mass storage mode when connected.

You should be able to access your memory card then.