PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Curve 8520

El Nino9
03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Hello all (y) New to the forum & a new BB user and i have a few questions if anyone has the time to help ?

Got my BB today finally converted from a 4 year old Samsung D900i anyway i put my simcard into the new BB an everything seemed to be going fine, then i was checking out my 'SMS and MMS' section an noticed i had like 10 texts that was on my old phone now on the BB, i'm unsure if thats right cos i had possibly 90 texts in my old phones inbox (i rarely delete unless i have to) what i want to know is, is there a set limit on what you can have in that section or do only X amount transfer over ?
I also sent a text to my own number just to make sure my text messages was going through an noticed that new texts recieved are in the same section as a sent text, is there a way of changing this ?

If i can expand on this 'problem' let me know and any help would be great :smile:

MidnightDraven
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Unless those other 80 SMS's were on your SIM card, they wouldn't transfer over...
those 10 must be on your sim card.

No.

El Nino9
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your reply MD.. As far as i'm aware all them texts on the old phone were saved to the phone, so to be honest i'm not entirely sure, do excuse me for being such a noob at this.

Also after about 10 texts my inbox is full, my 'Application Memory' says 136mb free & 'Media Card' says 1.8gb free. Should this be happening if there's so much space ?

MidnightDraven
03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Do u get a message saying inbox full?

El Nino9
03-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Yep i do it tells me to empty it which i have twice so far

MidnightDraven
03-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I think its trying to save messages on your SIM card, which is why its telling you its out of space.
Im not quite sure of where the option is; but try going to the Options icon (wrench/spanner icon) then SMS and see if there is a option along the lines of "Save to SIM" and set it to OFF or NO.

El Nino9
03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorted mate :-D thanks alot got that (y)

MidnightDraven
03-30-2010, 05:47 PM
good. :)