PDA

View Full Version : Worldmate download problem

SgtRick
03-31-2010, 02:47 AM
I wanted to download Worldmate via my PC and DM since at the moment I can't do it OTA since I am in Iraq. The download from the website went ok as it is in a Zip file in my documents. I tried to extract the ALT(?) file but got an error message stating no such file extention could be found. It did not show up in the download folder on DM either. I am running Vista on my PC. What is the proper way to extract the files and get it to my 8900?

woodyuk
03-31-2010, 03:34 AM
You will have downloaded a zip file.

I use winrar for compressed files but I think the procedure is the same if you're using winzip.

On your computer right click the worldmate zip file and choose the option "extract to WorldMate_Live\"

A new folder will be created including an alx file.

Connect your BB to your computer then open Desktop Manager select application loader then add/remove applications.Click the browse button and navigate to your alx file in the WorldMate_Live folder.

Once you have it on the list of apps,click next,then finish and it should install on your BB.

SgtRick
03-31-2010, 03:53 AM
Thank you very much sir.

woodyuk
03-31-2010, 04:09 AM
You're welcome,needless to say the procedure is just the same with any other apps that you download as zip files.

SgtRick
03-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I wish it was an option on more apps. Worldmate is useful to me as I move around a lot in the ME. I'll take what I can get though. Thanks again.