PDA

View Full Version : 8530 Password and Desktop Manager Problems

Elnora1
04-05-2010, 05:34 AM
I attempted to sync my 8530 Curve with my laptop. I installed desktop manager and it never recognized my device password. I know I was typing in the right one because I have my device on automatic lock every 20 min. So I type the password everyday. I decided that I was going to leave the DM alone for awhile and when I wanted to use my phone again, It prompted me for my password and said incorrect password. I managed to get to the 10th try and it is asking me to enter blackberry and acknowledge that this is the last attempt. I know for certain that I was entering the correct password on my laptop and then on my device. Will it not go back to the 1st attempt after a time? If I take it in for service, will they be able to do something? I know I have the right password, but don't want the software or device or whatever, to say that I entered it wrong anyway. I have no back ups because I was never able to sync my phone. Any advice??

aiharkness
04-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Wirelessly posted

The device will not start over with 10 allowed attempts, it will wipe all user data.

Sometimes people have thought they were entering a numeric password using the keys that have numeral uppercase, when in fact they were entering letters. That might be your problem, but it wouldn't explain how the device password itself was reset.

At any rate, if you don't know the passord, there is no way around it. Enter the max allowed attemps and start over with a wiped device. The OS will still be there; just not your data.

sincvideo
05-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I attempted to sync my 8530 Curve with my laptop. I installed desktop manager and it never recognized my device password. I know I was typing in the right one because I have my device on automatic lock every 20 min. So I type the password everyday. I decided that I was going to leave the DM alone for awhile and when I wanted to use my phone again, It prompted me for my password and said incorrect password. I managed to get to the 10th try and it is asking me to enter blackberry and acknowledge that this is the last attempt. I know for certain that I was entering the correct password on my laptop and then on my device. Will it not go back to the 1st attempt after a time? If I take it in for service, will they be able to do something? I know I have the right password, but don't want the software or device or whatever, to say that I entered it wrong anyway. I have no back ups because I was never able to sync my phone. Any advice??

ok my friend, I'll try to help you.
If your password has numbers on your phone, press the letters corresponding to numbers.
The keyboard of the desktop, the letters do work.
ex. if your password in your blackberry is 123456, you have to hit on your desktop wersdf.
you understand?

AelB
05-08-2010, 04:10 PM

It happened to me once and I call my phone provider, send it to them and they'll help you out ;-)