PDA

View Full Version : Facebook slow on 9700

scuzzilla
04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
So...having recently upgraded it's kind of annoying that Facebook is painfully slow (and the whole phone is) whilst Facebook is refreshing the stream - it's perfectly fine once it's done with that.

Is there anything I could change in order to make it work a bit better?

jjc711
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Slow? I JUST upgraded last night from a Bold 9000 to Bold 9700. You would think the transition would be smooth-- same cell provider, same number, same everything except newer phone. Well let me tell you about sloow. Someone posted something on my wall 18 mins ago and it was a post from them from December 18th and someone else posted something 7 mins ago and it was a post from them from Dec 28th ! -- both people posted something new and what came out was 3 months old!!! That's slow! What a mess!! About 4 secs away from launching this 9700 out the window !! LOL

fratts
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Don't blame the hardware, blame the very poorly designed "Super app". IMO, the Facebook app just plain sucks. Its slow, its buggy, and its really not even that nice to look at.

jjc711
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Nah, I am not blaming the hardware but the hardware is the only tangible thing I can throw. It has to do with the BIS service and how it interacts with FB. I think.. I dunno. I am hunting all over the internet for a cure.. I should have never upgraded my phone.

fonejunkie
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
True... compare the look/feel/performance of the iPhone/iPod Touch Facebook app and the BlackBerry Facebook app... the BB version is a piece of Dukie.

akosnitzky
04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Try Snaptu for Facebook. Its free and works great

scuzzilla
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Try Snaptu for Facebook. Its free and works great

Does it respond to e-mail alerts from FB (and keep them out of my inbox)? :)

DaBlackberryBoy
04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Native FB app is slower than before folks. Snaptu, SocialScope (maybe) and other FB apps would be your best bet until RIM and FB figure out how to handle the evergrowing FB pool of users!

fonejunkie
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Native FB app is slower than before folks. Snaptu, SocialScope (maybe) and other FB apps would be your best bet until RIM and FB figure out how to handle the evergrowing FB pool of users!

... and the ever changing FB interface...

lmcjipo
04-10-2010, 11:04 AM
True... compare the look/feel/performance of the iPhone/iPod Touch Facebook app and the BlackBerry Facebook app... the BB version is a piece of Dukie.

I agree with you. I use both the Facebook app on my iPhone and the Facebook app on my Blackberry and the iPhone's Facebook application is great... it is fast (or a lot faster than the Blackberry app and it looks nicer).

mestes1999
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I have the same problem on my 9700, it only started about a week ago though. When I click a FB update message in my inbox, it runs just fine. But if I actually open the app, the entire phone CRAWLS until I can kill it.

It didn't use to be this way, and I haven't upgraded FB versions or anything.