PDA

View Full Version : Tmobile pricing issues

azee1v1
12-23-2005, 12:08 AM
I recently got the 7105T with Tmobile.. and I am not sure as to which plan or I should say add ons are best for me.... I checked my minutes and found out that I was going over on text messages.. which i thought would be covered under my $19.99 BB internet fee..... and I think they were charging IM's as text messages too! I was thinking man this cant be right... they were telling me that I have to pay extra for text messages! so I have to pay 20 extra for email and 15 extra for unlimited text... thats messed up... whats the point of having a BB if I cant text, im, and email as I please without having to pay an extra $35 on top of my $59 plan after tax that will be well over 100. Now... I dont really need to use the net, I always have internet access, BUT Ive found it to be very productive to have access to my email all the time. And I dont have to keep refreshing my inbox on my laptop at work. Ick....

Michbb
12-23-2005, 09:13 AM
I would check on that... yeah it sucks that IM's are considered text messages but I believe that the unlimited text messages are only 4.99 a month.... Well at least that's what I pay...

nb_mitch
12-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Cingular also charges for "Text Messages" at 10cents/msg, it is not part of the BB plan but considered part of the phone plan. IM programs are not Text Msgs and therefore are part of the BB unlimited data plan. Maybe all carriers are the same?

xyrcncp
12-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Cingular also charges for "Text Messages" at 10cents/msg, it is not part of the BB plan but considered part of the phone plan. IM programs are not Text Msgs and therefore are part of the BB unlimited data plan. Maybe all carriers are the same?
The IM client that comes built into the 7100/05t uses text messages instead of data. That's why Ramble IM is much better.

azee1v1, you really need to speak to someone else at T-mobile, my plan is like this: $45.99 for 1000 minutes, $4.99 for 400 text msgs, $19.99 for unlimited data. $71 total and I don't have to pay extra for email.

NJBlackBerry
12-23-2005, 09:41 AM
IM is an afterthought. No carriers include text messaging/IM in their basic BlackBerry data plans.

goaliemn
12-23-2005, 09:48 AM
T-mobile does have a "mail and more" plan, which I have. It includes unlimited SMS. $59 for 1000 mins and unlimited SMS and BB/GPRS usage.

JNSonger
12-23-2005, 12:47 PM
You need to change your plan.

T-Mobile offers "Blackberry Minutes & Mail" for $59.99 which includes 1000 whenever minutes, Unlimited Text, IM's, E-Mail, and Web Browsing.

This plan is not listed in their brochures, it is only listed on their website. Call 611 and ask them to change your plan.

Eric5273
12-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Can someone comment on how good the built-in AIM program on the 7105t is?

I know it uses text messages, but let's suppose you have unlimited texts -- then that is not an issue.

How functional is the program? Is it just as good as the aftermarket programs like Ramble or Verichat?

Does it have a nice interface?

dranger
12-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Use the IM through T-Zones and they aren't counted as SMS.

idealist
12-24-2005, 01:08 AM
At one time we were able to send text messages over the system as GPRS and they didn't count as part of your IM pool messages as they were sent as data. I am not sure if it is still good but you can check. Go into Settings> Options> SMS> Network to send over> GPRS. If this still works you will be able to send IM's without them being used from your messages. I don't have t-zones on my phone, but I do have the unlimited bb data plan.

GMK
12-24-2005, 01:19 PM
I have a 7105t and I'm on the BB plan for $19 and change. Text messages are $.05 per. I use Blackberry Messenger and I don't get charged for text messages. Since the only people I "IM" with are on BBs, maybe that bypasses the text charge thing. I recall seeing a different thread on this subject that said BB messenger is routed through the system that doesn't clip you for text charges.

phillyslickster
12-24-2005, 01:32 PM
If you're only talking to people on that are on BB's then it's cheaper to use BB messenger because the PIN messages and included in your BlackBerry plan. They won't be charged as text messages. On the other hand, Ramble IM is free and it uses data, so that would be covered by your BlackBerry plan, especially if you have the unlimited BB data plan. Otherwise, the BB ultra plan includes 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited N&W, unlimited BB plan (data & email), as well as unlimited SMS for $80 per month. At least, that's the price that I was quoted by a T-Mobile rep just earlier this week at the corporate store. I just didn't switch to T-Mobile from Cingular because of the fact that when I travel, T-Mobile doesn't have good reception in a lot of places.

I have Cingular and unlimited data is $44.99/month plus $9.99 for 1000 text messages plus a family share voice plan (1100 anytime with rollover & unlimited N&W) for $69.99/month.

I suggest as the others that you call customer care and see what plan they have you on and change to another plan with will work to your benefit, so that you won't be charged overage fees.

Thameth
12-30-2005, 06:20 PM
You need to change your plan.

T-Mobile offers "Blackberry Minutes & Mail" for $59.99 which includes 1000 whenever minutes, Unlimited Text, IM's, E-Mail, and Web Browsing.

This plan is not listed in their brochures, it is only listed on their website. Call 611 and ask them to change your plan.

I just called to change my plan to "BlackBerry Minutes & Mail". They're telling me that to change to that plan i would have to sign a new 1yr contract with TMO. I just finished a contract and really don't want to start a new one if i don't have to. Anybody get this when they tried change to this plan? I've called twice thinking i might have gotten an illinformed rep the first time. Thanx!

Thameth
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Bump...

WNO
12-30-2005, 10:29 PM
That's the general rule.

majorwoo
12-31-2005, 01:01 AM
If you're only talking to people on that are on BB's then it's cheaper to use BB messenger because the PIN messages and included in your BlackBerry plan. They won't be charged as text messages. On the other hand, Ramble IM is free and it uses data, so that would be covered by your BlackBerry plan, especially if you have the unlimited BB data plan. Otherwise, the BB ultra plan includes 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited N&W, unlimited BB plan (data & email), as well as unlimited SMS for $80 per month. At least, that's the price that I was quoted by a T-Mobile rep just earlier this week at the corporate store. I just didn't switch to T-Mobile from Cingular because of the fact that when I travel, T-Mobile doesn't have good reception in a lot of places.

I have Cingular and unlimited data is $44.99/month plus $9.99 for 1000 text messages plus a family share voice plan (1100 anytime with rollover & unlimited N&W) for $69.99/month.

I suggest as the others that you call customer care and see what plan they have you on and change to another plan with will work to your benefit, so that you won't be charged overage fees.

Careful N&W are NOT included in the Ultra plans - the idea being they target business users and have unlimited text messages. To get N&W you have to Frankenstein your plan and you end up losing unlimited text message, though you can add them back.
49.99 1500 anytime + unlimited N&W
19.99 unlimited BB (does NOT include text)
4.99 for 400 text or 14.99 for unlimited (there is an option between them I forget)

Personally this is what I have witih the 400 text as I use Ramble IM for data and not that many text messages really.

mrod7280
12-31-2005, 09:25 AM
I have been a Cingular BB user for about 18 months and don't believe I have ever used Text Messaging or IM. Am I missing out on a great BB feature? I just assumed anyone wanting to reach me would do so via email. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

KonTiki
12-31-2005, 09:55 AM
You are not missing on anything. Text messaging is basically for people who have no email available on their phones, and people who want to chat. I am ussually at work and chatting is extremely counter productive, so if I need to get a hold of someone it is ussually business related and consequently send an email. To me its just all hype.

mrod7280
12-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear I am not missing out on anything. I always found it cumbersome to send text messages on a regular cell phone but for those poor misguided souls without a BB I guess you take what you can get.