PDA

View Full Version : How do I know when my Data Plan has been activated?

Tinks123
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I recently bought my BB Bold 9700 off amazon and didnt realise about this data plan that i need for emails and BBM to work. I called 02 and told them i wanted the Data Plan added to my account which they are doing but... How do i know once i have the data plan working on my phone?

In the advanced options-Host Routing Table I still have no entries and if i try and click the register now option it says registration has been sent but i dont ever get anything back..

I phoned 02 on Saturday but still nothing as of today in the host routing table.

Thanks for your help,

Tinks

dankarlinski
04-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Your phone will say "EDGE", not "edge". If on 3G, you'll see a blackberry sign next to it

Sytner
04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

Or just go onto the browser and try and access a webpage i.e google.

rambo47
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Most of the major telcos warn that activation of a data plan could take up to 48 hours, but in my experience it's more like an hour. Or less. Of course you always have to allow for their screwing up and misconfiguring your services or just plain forgetting to activate it. Just because they get the billing right immediately doesn't mean they get the whole providing of services right. Best to keep on them with phone calls.

MidnightDraven
04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Try a battery pull and see if the the connection appears.

Noodle22
04-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Or, as Rambo was saying, sometimes they may set it up for the bill cycle date instead of the day requested because it is often hardwired into their brains to do so. Your second call should have seen that if that was the case though. If your BIS package is on, have them check for any blocks on your account, and speak with their tech support if you are still not getting the service.

Remember to not call on the phone you plan to do the troubleshooting on :wink: