PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited international "e-mail" on T-mobile

yuanzhoulu
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm still using a T-mobile Pearl 8120. Despite all the rumours going around that they "changed" their $19.99 Unlimited International "E-mail" plan, I used my Pearl for tons of Google Maps and web usage abroad several times recently, including just 2 weeks ago, on both GPRS and EDGE. I have never incurred international roaming charges.

I am considering upgrading to the Bold 9700 since I'm eligible.
1. Will this plan disappear
2. If this plan stays, will it change, or will I get unlimited international GPRS+EDGE+3G?

I dare not call T-mobile because they do not know what they talk about. Some reps say my existing plan covers only E-mail (wtf, e-mail==data to servers), some say it covers all GPRS, some say it covers all EDGE; the truth from my observation on multiple trips is that it covers all EDGE, but clearly the customer reps do not know.

Thanks for any input and advice ...

Sytner
04-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

I think if your service plan stays the same as it currently is it should still work. GPRS+EDGE+3G just indicate that the device has an active data service.

To me this sounds like an error on their behalf and I doubt it will last long unseen.

dc/dc
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
I am using a 9700 with the unlimited international add-on and have not incurred charges for ANY use except voice and SMS. The key is to ensure that the WAP APN is disabled under TCP/IP settings.