PDA

View Full Version : Applause After Hang Up - A funny problem

Wavester
04-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Tonight a company I set up for my ex had a big sale and when she told me I sent an applause MP3 from my computer to my device email. I saved it once but couldn't find it. I resent and re-saved and it wound up in the Ringtones directory. I attached and sent as MMS to the ex.

Well now every time I hang up from a telephone call the applause MP3 file plays. I deleted it from the ringtones folder and as it is 3am I'm not really too enthusiastic about hunting this down. I am on a Bold 9700 running 5.0.0.593. I don't know if there is some option for a sound to play after a call that I just never discovered on blackberries over the years or I created some type of crazy error.

UPDATE: The applause also plays when I exit the camera app.

Thanks for the help

aiharkness
04-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Do a search and find the posts on a problem similar to what you describe re MMS. Seems a hard reset (remove the battery for 30-60 seconds) fixes it for some; though one or two others say it didn't do it for them.

devnull
04-18-2010, 07:04 AM
This seems to be an bug with the latest OS's. You're not the only one reporting this. Do a search (http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php) and you will see many folks having the same issue.

EDIT: oops sorry for posting the same info Ira.

ezrunner
04-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Wirelessly posted (well lookie here!)

I'm sorry but this made me laugh! I can't tell how many times I've wanted to applause when I got off of a long phone call!

kellyjdrummer
04-18-2010, 07:34 AM
The applause is likely on your media card. There are two options. 1, USB your phone to a computer, search the card, as if the phone is a card reader, for the applause file and delete it. Battery pull the phone. 2. Pull the media card, use a card reader to USB it to a computer and delete it that way. Battery pull, again. Do not put the card back in before the battery pull. Let the phone boot fully before re-inserting the card. You can also format the card, but that's the very last resort.

Wavester
04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes, battery pull worked. That is usually my solution, but post 3am I did not feel like opening the otterbox case to do all of that. It was pretty funny while it lasted.

Motorcycle Mama
04-18-2010, 12:40 PM
The applause is likely on your media card. ...

Wrong.

This is an OS bug related to receiving an MMS with sound. The sound file is likely not on the Media Card.

The solution is a battery pull.

kellyjdrummer
04-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Got it. On my 8520 I can Alt+right shift+Del and get the same thing as a battery pull.

Motorcycle Mama
04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Same thing works on all current models.

kellyjdrummer
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Same thing works on all current models.

Yep.