PDA

View Full Version : Javaloader - Prefetch Abort error

lraed74
12-25-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm not normally one to ask for computer assistence but I'm coming up to a dead end with things I've tried and read. I was doing the jbenchmark tests, which I did 1 & 2 with no problems. There is a 3D or 30 test...when I was downloading that it started to reboot. It came up to a 'Prefetch abort / rest' - which each time I've rest / taken the battery out, it comes up to the same thing again.

I've read and searched around on the javaloader here, along with advice to clean the handheld for reloading the OS. I've not been able to get to where I can wipe it clean. I tried from the post with JM_Cmder file, which I kept getting a incompatibility error (I'm running XP OS on my PC). I then tried advice from another link which had a Javaloader Automated Wiper Download, I clicked but came up asking for a user name/password to continue.

I'm a computer wiz but not much on the programmer end of things. Can someone help with an easy route, or good directions using RIM's programs to wipe the handheld so I can reload the OS and get past this? When I've clicked on the javaloader.exe file, a quick DOS window shows up and poof its gone, so I'm mostly clueless at the moment.

BTW, 7250 w/Verizon 4.02 OS and 4.1 Desktop Manager, 4.1 JDE loaded as well.

Thanks!!!

KonTiki
12-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Have you tried javaloader -usb wipe. Make sure your USB is connected directly to a USB port rather than a Hub. That is the only way I have done it, I am not a wizz either at programming and I am not even sure if you have tried this already but I hope this helps.

lraed74
12-25-2005, 10:37 PM
OK - I've seen the different things such as 'javaloader -usb wipe' but thats where I'm coming up short. How exactly are you executing this command...I really need dummy terms in this area. I've tried different Run commands but they havent worked...how exactly or what are you using to do the 'javaloader -usb wipe' command?

KonTiki, I'm on AIM if you could talk to me on there or I can do Yahoo IM also instead of posts back and forth on here. Whatever works best for you. I'll send a personal message for my SN's if OK w/you unless just post on here....which could benefit others when they come into the same situation...let me know and thanks!!!!

lraed74
12-25-2005, 11:44 PM
OK, so I used the suggestion from this thread and ahhpff's post...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11370&highlight=javaloader+wipe

It worked and I'm back up and running...I'll have to reload a few programs but all my data and address book is there after a restore so I'm good to go...the only main information I lost was from my last backup till now, which wasnt much.

Still would like to hear of other options for/if next time.

KonTiki
12-26-2005, 01:15 AM
OK - I've seen the different things such as 'javaloader -usb wipe' but thats where I'm coming up short. How exactly are you executing this command...I really need dummy terms in this area. I've tried different Run commands but they havent worked...how exactly or what are you using to do the 'javaloader -usb wipe' command?

KonTiki, I'm on AIM if you could talk to me on there or I can do Yahoo IM also instead of posts back and forth on here. Whatever works best for you. I'll send a personal message for my SN's if OK w/you unless just post on here....which could benefit others when they come into the same situation...let me know and thanks!!!!

If you have javaloader in the path of your pc, the way to do it(I know you got it already but I am sorry I was a bit late getting back to this), is to open up a CMD window, have your BB connected via USB, and simply type javaloader -usb wipe and hit enter, that is all you need to do. Wait for it to run(it will show you progress in the CMD window), and you are ready to proceed reloading OS and restoring from backup.

lraed74
12-26-2005, 07:47 AM
I was able to open the CMD window and tried that, at least it looked like it was doing something but on my PC, some stuff popped up and was gone, too fast to read. I had my BB connected but didnt see anything happening cuz it was still on the 'Prefetch abort' screen.

I backup often so I dont worry about loss of data, but would like to know more for the 'if' next time, to make it easier going through this process. (also for others that need it for future reference)

Thanks!

KonTiki
12-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I was able to open the CMD window and tried that, at least it looked like it was doing something but on my PC, some stuff popped up and was gone, too fast to read. I had my BB connected but didnt see anything happening cuz it was still on the 'Prefetch abort' screen.

I backup often so I dont worry about loss of data, but would like to know more for the 'if' next time, to make it easier going through this process. (also for others that need it for future reference)

Thanks!

Are you sure that javaloader is in your computers path? If it is not you have to open the CMD window and guide it to the right directory so it finds the javaloader program and runs it.

To add the javaloader to the path you need to do this:

1) open the properties of My computer
2) choose the advanced tab
3) choose the environment variables button on the bottom of window
4) scroll down the systems variables until you see path
5) highlight the path and choose edit
6) in this line press end to go to the end of the line and type a semi colon and then the right path to the javaloader program (Ex: ;C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.0.2\javaloader.exe)

At this point the javaloader should be accessible from any place in your computer. Hope this helps you.