PDA

View Full Version : How to "sync" Sent items w/BIS & Outlook

kurichan
12-26-2005, 12:33 PM
This might be painfully obvious to many, but I figured that it might be useful to some, so here goes...

I like to keep all items sent from the Blackberry for reference in Outlook, but I don't have BES, only BIS.

As a solution, I have simply set BIS to BCC all the mail I send to a special account that I set up. I called the account myname-blackberry-bcc@<hidden>.

Then I have Outlook catch all the mail from this account, mark it read, and file it in the Sent folder under a subfolder named "Sent from Blackberry."

Works like a charm!

mediaproducer
12-27-2005, 01:58 PM
I do he same thing and it works great for me also. I only wish there was a way for my sent mails from my computer to show up as sent mails on my blackberry using BIS only.

kurichan
12-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I read your post and figured it should be simple.

Wrong!

Here's what I tried: I created a new folder called Sent from Outlook on my BIS page, then was going to just BCC items sent from outlook to my vzw account and filter them into that Sent from Outlook folder, but the Sent from Outlook folder doesn't show up on the BB, even after reconciling...

Why doesn't the user defined BIS folder show up on the BB?

whsbuss
12-27-2005, 09:24 PM
It does. Check you message options for Hide Filed Messages. You also need to click the TW in messages screen and select View Folders.

Also, remember that the BIS will delete aged messages beyond 30 days. Best to use another account for Bcc messages or search for "Gmail Setup"

CanuckMakem
12-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Awesome.... thanks kurichan works like a charm.

kurichan
12-28-2005, 02:14 PM
It does. Check you message options for Hide Filed Messages. You also need to click the TW in messages screen and select View Folders.I followed your instructions and forced a reconcile but no luck. I don't need to do a Desktop sync do I?