PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

skay
04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
I am currently in Costa Rico and my phone will not recognize the network here. I recieved a loaner phone from Verizon and all worked well for 2 days of our trip (except for not being able to get the phone to make any sounds...ringtones, alarms ect!...but I have been able to overlook that) It started acting really quirky this morning, deleteing what I typed in BB messenger before I was able to send. So, I did my usual solution to quirks and turned it off and took the battery out. However now it will not find the service! I know it's still available because others w/ phones still have great coverage. I have tried to manually select the service and it just won't do it! Any advice?

When I switch to manual mode and tell it to scan for service it does find the one I had been connected to before (I.C.E.) but will not connect to it. I'm at a loss and would really like to be able to connect to family back home...the internet service is in and out as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

skay
04-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh, it is an 8830 World Edition. My normal phone is a Curve, which I have never had problems with.