PDA

View Full Version : 7100T to 7100i

dmehcg
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
I just switched from the tmobile 7100 to nextel 7100, Though i love all the great features and feel of the 7100i, im having problems with a couple of things and i wanted to know if anyone has encountered or found ways around them. Well the fact that it doesnt have an IM client to me is extremely frustrating something i didnt notice before i switched. Does anyone know if any way to remove or extract the one from my 7100t to my 7100I That has all the clients aim, yahoo, icq and msn and it came with the device its not third party. I have seen the current clients available that people are using for I but they dont look very convincing and or stable. My other problem is the whole attachment problem. Both zips and inbeded images cannot be view, though it says attachment i cannot view them. Though on the 7100t after a software upgrade i could see and view every attachment. I have the updated software and desktop software for my 7100i. If anyone has any ideas or nextel workarounds for this let me know. I am planning of calling nextel on all this but i feel you guys have more imput on this then them.

fliedlice
12-27-2005, 05:29 AM
as far as the AIM clients and such....the only one available from Nextel is Yahoo....for aim/icq/msn...etc youll need to get a 3rd party app.

I dont know about the attachment thing as I do not get or view attachments

dmehcg
12-27-2005, 11:24 AM
That really sucks, reccomend any good stable ones i can be on all day

europamo
12-27-2005, 02:01 PM
there are a few, but I personally use Verichat. I have np with this one at all.

Nextel User
12-27-2005, 08:03 PM
never had any attachment problems on the 7100i
make sure you have the attachment service loaded.

keekae
12-28-2005, 01:23 AM
I have a 7100i from Nextel and have had it for 35 days. I am now getting a JVM error 102 and nextel is NO help!

keekae
12-28-2005, 01:26 AM
I have a 7100i from Nextel and have only had it for 35 days and now I am getting a JVM error 102 and Nextel is NO help!

I also have a 7100t and had 4 in the past year the audio continues to go out!

I'm stuck with 2 blackberry's that don't work and no one can help!

dj_aj28
05-17-2006, 11:34 AM
i got a problem wit mines. i get a white screen with all the apps on it. address book, compose, etc.... and on the top it says "Blackberry Platfrom 2.0.0.44" when i go to click on any of the apps, i get a message saying "module 'net_rim_bb_framework_api' not found". what can i do

KonTiki
05-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I have a 7100i from Nextel and have only had it for 35 days and now I am getting a JVM error 102 and Nextel is NO help!

Here is what Java error 102 means:

The system has checked the .COD files in the handheld for modification, and determined that there is a problem with one or more .COD files.

If all loads fail, it could indicate a build process error where there was a problem signing the codfiles.

If some user action to the device caused this problem, the reset cycle will be continuous since the code in the filesystem has been corrupted. The only recovery method is to wipe the device and restore a new system.

With the information you have provided, I think you need to completely wipe the device and reload the operating system. Download JL_Cmder (link in my signature) and use option #5 to wipe the device. Dont worry about the Desktop Manager not being able to see the BlackBerry after being wiped, this is normal. Then you need to download and install the operating system. See the BlackBerryOS Upgrade thread for OS download links and install instructions.

I also have a 7100t and had 4 in the past year the audio continues to go out!

A lot of people here have reported that upgrading to 4.1 OS has helped solve tht problem, do a search on audio on 7100.

I'm stuck with 2 blackberry's that don't work and no one can help!

KonTiki
05-17-2006, 11:40 AM
I would try to wipe is using JLC_Mder on my signature, and then reloading the OS.

i got a problem wit mines. i get a white screen with all the apps on it. address book, compose, etc.... and on the top it says "Blackberry Platfrom 2.0.0.44" when i go to click on any of the apps, i get a message saying "module 'net_rim_bb_framework_api' not found". what can i do

dj_aj28
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I would try to aipe is using JLC_Mder on my signature, and then reloading the OS.

how would i go about doing that??

KonTiki
05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Use the link on my signature for JLC_Mder, download and install that on the PC. Attach the BB to your PC via usb cable and do the wipe option, follow the prompts.

If you do not have a backup of it the data will be lost. After you have wiped it, I would restart Desktop manager, run the application loader and reinstall the Handheld OS to the unit. You obviously have to have both the desktop manager and the handheld OS installed on your PC to do this. The desktop manager comes with your installation cd, the handheld software you have to download from your provider if you have not done so already. Good luck.