PDA

View Full Version : news reader?

eddie.roberts
12-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Hi,

What do you guys use as a news reader on your blackberry? The software I was using on my previous (non-BB) device is not available on blackberries...

Thanks in advance for your advises!
Eddie.

rcbjr
12-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Are you looking for an RSS feed reader or a news group reader? For RSS feeds I use the Freenews service. Not free, but I like it. There are several different ones. You might want to search the Aftermarket S/W forum for more info. And also read the FAQ sticky at the top of the Gen Disscusion Forum.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

eddie.roberts
12-27-2005, 08:49 AM
I was looking for a RSS feed reader. In fact, I ask this question to get feedback from different users about the software they chose...

Thanks a lot!
Eddie

Toddboy71
12-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Eddie,
I use Pocket Day, it's a one time fee for the program, unless you need sports, which is a nominal monthly fee. It does a lot of other things too. It has a trial on Handango. It's my favorite app. Freenews is good too. I think there is a monthly fee for that, but it's been awhile since I've looked at that.
Just my 2 cents

DavidE
12-27-2005, 09:26 AM
You might try Berry Bloglines. It's free, and it integrates well with the regular desktop-browser version of Bloglines. If you read a newsfeed with either your desktop browser or your BlackBerry browser, the other browser will know you've read it. Here's the link: http://www.thebogles.com/berry_bloglines.html.

Edit: Here's the link to the desktop version of Bloglines, in case you want to check it out: www.bloglines.com. I use both the desktop and BlackBerry versions and am generally pleased with them.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com
www.classicfilmpreview.com