PDA

View Full Version : Two easy questions

ChillerDr
04-30-2010, 08:37 PM
I have searched for answers (I admit I am not good at searching).
I have a new Tour 9630
1) How do I prevent Desktop Manager from starting every time I log on?
and
2) How do I display the associated letters for each number, i.e. 2=abc, 3=def etc.
Thanks in advance

Dubdub
04-30-2010, 09:04 PM
1. Go into the DM setup

2. press the alt key and then the letter.

tsac
04-30-2010, 09:05 PM
DM is optioned to start during install. You can edit the DM option or MSCONFIG or startup file or simply re-install and de-select the option.

Holding the Alt key held down then type the letter, it will convert to the number.

samnyemba
04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Wirelessly posted

On question 2 I think he is asking how do you know which letters correspond to telphone key number 9, 2, 1 etc?

ChilerDr are you answered on your 2nd question? What are you trying to do? I also don't know how to findout the letters for any phone keypad number by just looking a bb keypad. It however doesn't matter coz if you want to dial a number like 01 800 HIV HELP when you type this blackberry automatically knows and calls the corresponding numbers for the characters.

Does anyone know the answer to what I think he's asking?

ChillerDr
04-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Wirelessly posted

On question 2 I think he is asking how do you know which letters correspond to telphone key number 9, 2, 1 etc?

ChilerDr are you answered on your 2nd question? What are you trying to do? I also don't know how to findout the letters for any phone keypad number by just looking a bb keypad. It however doesn't matter coz if you want to dial a number like 01 800 HIV HELP when you type this blackberry automatically knows and calls the corresponding numbers for the characters.

Does anyone know the answer to what I think he's asking?
When I click options, I only see 'Connection options' and 'Data folder options'. I have explored computer services and can not even find RIM or DM as a running program. I got a pop up when I typed MSCONFIG. I guess I will try to re-install.
You are right in that I would like to be able to "see" the corresponding letters for a given number. For instance when a phone number is given as 1-800-I-go-fish, I want to give that number to some one as numbers only (1-800-446-3474). thanks for the responses.

ChillerDr
04-30-2010, 11:29 PM
DM is optioned to start during install. You can edit the DM option or MSCONFIG or startup file or simply re-install and de-select the option.

Holding the Alt key held down then type the letter, it will convert to the number.

Thanks for your help. I was able to modify the program in 'Add or Remove Programs' in control panel. After a reboot, fixed!

samnyemba
05-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Great you fixed the 1st one. DM is the abbreviation for Desktop Manager the loaded application on you pc.

These ain't easy questions you asked. I'm also waiting to get your answer to the 2nd question. Holding <alt> key and pressing p, o, k, or m, etc is NOT showing any number for me.