PDA

View Full Version : Dropped my BB8900 and now it wont read the memory card :(

chmura
05-04-2010, 01:24 PM
So I dropped my BB8900 and the battery popped out. Memory card stayed in place though. Not I get this upon start up "A media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer"

I reinserted the memory card a few times and still nothing. Any way to fix it without using a computer? I do not know if I can find my memory adapter to plug into a computer.

Dropping the phone shouldnt have caused the memory card to break. Maybe its something with the phone?

TheRinger
05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
So I dropped my BB8900 and the battery popped out. Memory card stayed in place though. Not I get this upon start up "A media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer"

I reinserted the memory card a few times and still nothing. Any way to fix it without using a computer? I do not know if I can find my memory adapter to plug into a computer.

Dropping the phone shouldnt have caused the memory card to break. Maybe its something with the phone?

Plug it into a computer like it says maybe? Not to sound snarky but it tells you what to do

chmura
05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Plug it into a computer like it says maybe? Not to sound snarky but it tells you what to do

Yes I realize that. I just need to find my adapter when I get home. I was wondering if there was any "format" menu in the phone for the memory card.

rambo47
05-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, the BB can format the card, but of course that will wipe it clean. I'm just sayin'...

Options > Memory and then use the BlackBerry Key to choose "format".

Dubdub
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Try a battery pull on the BB also. That might also fix it.