PDA

View Full Version : help - calendar wont sync anymore

Kitek
05-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I have a curve 8530 and have been trying to find a way to have two separate calendars on it. want to have a work and family but need to be completely separate (two colors from the "select calendar") so my wife and i can keep our schedules with the kids and activities. tried google sync but that just merged with the outlook 2007 calendar. also tried a download from app store but was not very friendly. Would really like to have two blackberries with the same info but we would enter our own calendars but still both show up on each others. Any ideas.

penguin3107
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Google Sync works great for this purpose. You just need to make sure that you set your default calendar on the BlackBerry to the Google calendar... otherwise you'll end up merging the calendar entries with your Outlook calendar, as you've noticed the hard way.

Go into Options > Advnaced Options > Default Services
Set the CICAL default to your gmail account. Then Google Sync should behave itself.

Kitek
05-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Google Sync works great for this purpose. You just need to make sure that you set your default calendar on the BlackBerry to the Google calendar... otherwise you'll end up merging the calendar entries with your Outlook calendar, as you've noticed the hard way.

Go into Options > Advnaced Options > Default Services
Set the CICAL default to your gmail account. Then Google Sync should behave itself.

Would you set both calendars up on google and not use the outlook? still cant get it to sync from outlook now.