PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

dyljo20
05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi

This is my first thread on this site, my first ever blackberry and i only had it yesterday. I like it, think the keypad is going to take a bit of getting used to.
I've got a couple of problems which i hope someone can help with.

1. i wan't to set up e-mail an in the instructions it says there should be two options when you go to set up the e-mail. one should be to use any kind of e-mail account (yahoo, msn etc) the other is to set up an enterprise account. Mine is only showing the enterprise option so i can't access my yahoo mail.

2. i can't get any apps on my blackberry. if i go onto the blackberry site it says send an link to my email, when i can eventually access this via the browser i am unable to get to any links (surely there must be an easier way of downloading apps.

3. when i go into the options menu and click applications i can get a list of core and 3rd party apps, it one of the lists it says there is a maps app installed but i cannot actually find the app anywhere on the phone.

hope some of you can help!!!

Thanks

dyljo20

aiharkness
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Wirelessly posted

Did you purchase the blackberry data plan?

dyljo20
05-08-2010, 12:50 PM
what is the blackberry data plan. i have an internet pack, i havn't see anything from vodafone about a blackberry data plan?

aiharkness
05-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Wirelessly posted

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_use_BlackBerry_on_Generic_Data_Plan

dyljo20
05-08-2010, 01:02 PM
ok, that's quite odd, that was not mentioned when i got the phone, not a big problem at the moment, how do i go about getting the blackberry data plan, do i have to contact blackberry or vodafone?

TheRinger
05-08-2010, 01:04 PM
ok, that's quite odd, that was not mentioned when i got the phone, not a big problem at the moment, how do i go about getting the blackberry data plan, do i have to contact blackberry or vodafone?

Vodaphone, and i would definitely complain about the untrained sales rep

dyljo20
05-08-2010, 01:59 PM
so is there any need to have the vodafone internet pack as well as the blackberry data plan

MidnightDraven
05-08-2010, 02:01 PM
With vodafone, no just the blackberry plan.

dyljo20
05-08-2010, 02:14 PM
ok, thanks for those tips guys, will have to get in touch with vodafone and see about changing the plan if i can.

another question.
Is it possible to change thos shortcuts on the home screen. i updated the software today from 4.6 to 5.something and some of the shortcuts have changed?

thanks again

TheRinger
05-08-2010, 02:16 PM
ok, thanks for those tips guys, will have to get in touch with vodafone and see about changing the plan if i can.

another question.
Is it possible to change thos shortcuts on the home screen. i updated the software today from 4.6 to 5.something and some of the shortcuts have changed?

thanks again

point at an icon, push the blackberry button and choose move. Move the icon where you want and click on the trackball/trackpad to place it and end the move function

dyljo20
05-09-2010, 02:46 AM
tried that last night and does not seem to do anything. when i press the blackberry button it just opens the main menu.
is there any way to actually change which icons are on your home screen?

aiharkness
05-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Wirelessly posted

If you press the blackberry key, you do open the menu. And as stated above, you can select move. It is the commans at the top. You can also hide, and move to a folder.

MidnightDraven
05-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Menu - highlight icon - menu - move - move to top line of icons - press trackpad.
It will now have moved it onto your homescreen.

dyljo20
05-09-2010, 08:33 AM
that's great, all sorted now, that is actually very easy way of organising your home screen and menu (y):smile:

dyljo20
05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
just got off the phone to vodafone and have convinced them that they told me that i was going to have the blackberry data plan as part of my pack so they have added it on for me, said it may take 24 hours to kick in so hopefully i will be able to set up e-mail and apps then, fingers crossed, no doubt i will be back for more info very soon.

Thanks

Dyl :smile:

dyljo20
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
ok, next question :smile:
when the phone updated the software to the new 5.something, some of the menus and things changed.
At the moment i'm stuck with this silly little message tone that i'm unable to change and i can't access the tones part that allows me to put sounds on and off for e-mails etc.
there used to be a menu for those things but this is no longer there.
Any one got any ideas (probably have to be someone who has had a go on the new software)

thanks

TXLady
05-10-2010, 04:02 PM
You change the tones in the Profiles menu which is accessed through the profile icon which is the one that looks like a speaker near the top left corner underneath the battery icon. Just scroll up from the home screen menu. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the listed profiles for the edit profiles option.