PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Music player and Phone applicatons ( mobile phone stops working )

bagio007
05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Good evening all,

I have some odd problem about those 2 applications that just started showing up and I have no idea what to do.

I lost my BB headphones a long time ago, so I'm using the standard headphones without microphone, so if i need to answer the incomming call, i have to disconnect my headphones and talk over the mobile phone, which was not a problem till now.

If i have an incomming call, music stops and the phone starts ringing ( all normal ), but if i answer, it just blocks, sometimes I have to do a battery pull, sometimes not ( it just gets some error which I forgot to write down for you, but i will get it next time ! ), and it's obviusly very iritating because I cant even finish the call, and I am without a mobile phone for around 7 minutes ( reebooting and that stuff ), and that happenes allsmot every third call, so its about 5-10 times a day, impossible.

Another two things which I think are connected to the same problem:

1. Usually, if no headphones are connected, BB "knows" that and plays the music on the speakerphone, if they are connected, he plays it on them. Nowdays, it does not know where to play it on, so I have to "tell" him manually, so we come to the second problem.

2.If I call someone, or recieve a call, and I answer it, i see that the little icon in the top left corner which indicates am I talking over the headphones, speakerphone or internal speaker, is constantly shifting, so I can't do any normal call, because it's shifting all the time and I don't know whats going on.

Sometime theese problems dissapear, sometimes they are here, I just don't know what the heck is going on.

I'm using a BB 8520, OS: v5.0.0.592 ( latest... )

That wasn't happening on the older OS and it didn't happen on this either ( for some time ), so I don't really know what to do, no moisture, no heavy falling ( accept one time, on a concrete, didn't even shut down so I don't think it's relevant ).

All I could find surfing and googling is that it can be related to recieving MMS, which I did but can't remember is that when the problems started to happen, I deleted the MMS and rebooted as said, but nothing, same problem...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Ivan Mijic

EDIT: One more thing, if I shuffle through soungs in Media Library and press some buttons, It somehow transvers me to the Voice Dialing, and no button is assigned that function.

TheRinger
05-13-2010, 09:25 AM
What kind of headphones. Like i said in another thread, the blackberry headphones have a 3 section connector on the plug, and normal headphones are a 2 section connector (the little black rigs separate each section).

Most likely damaged the headphone jack

bagio007
05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Wirelessly posted (BB8520)

The other,but that's a 3 section, BB phones had 4 section(not 2 and 3,left and right audio,mic and mass(ground) but i don't get how that would matter? And why is the music playing : )

I don't think it's a headhpone jack : (