PDA

View Full Version : BB8320 battery drains fast, wifi problems and bluetooth

melai02
05-12-2010, 02:21 AM
i just bought a BB8320.

on my first charge i charged it till it says fully charged. The battery drains so fast. it's not yet 1hour after charging and it's 95% already, then i left it overnyt when i slept, the following morning it was low battery already.

then i tried to charged it overnyt, still the same problem occurs.

i tried the alt+escape button already and close all the applications running on background.

My phone is openlined already, i am from philippines. i use gsm mobile network here.

And then my bluetooth wont work, i thought maybe coz i dont have enough space coz i havent bought a memory card yet, but isn't it suppose to work?

And last night i tried to put themes on my BB8320. the file extension name is .alx. My OS is 4.5. i tried several themes not of them worked. it just says no application is compatible on your phone.

About wifi. i use home router wireless wifi network. it works on my browser, but it doesn't work on applications like Yahoo messanger, facebook, goggle talk, etc.

Please i need help! i am a new user of Blackberry so this is my first time to encounter these problems and i really need someone to help me. :cry:

fratts
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
When you say that you close the apps do you actually goto close or exit from the menu? And you should really turn off your wifi/bluetooth if you're not using it, that will really save some battery life.

As for the theme problem, you have to make sure you download the theme that is made for you specific OS and device, which you can find that out from Options --> About. If you try and install a theme made for another device it won't work.

Alot of the third party apps, like facebook, need a Blackberry Data plan, and won't work on wifi alone. Which you will need to contact your carrier and have the plan activated for your account.

Briant392
05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Also make sure that your GPS is turned off. I downloaded a geocaching app and forgot to turn in back off. It will eat your battery alive if it's left on.

MidnightDraven
05-12-2010, 04:13 PM
GPS being "Location: ON" will not drain the battery AT ALL.
Leaving the app running USING GPS, will drain the battery.