PDA

View Full Version : Lost mobile service and can't get it back

houdmont
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I have a Blackberry 8520 on the Orange mobile network in the UK.

I was in the middle of a normal call when the signal cut out and obviously cut off the call. From that point onwards my signal shows as 'SOS' at all times.

I've tried
- removing the battery.
- changing the mobile service setting to manual and choosing Orange from the list.
- Switching to a different network then back to automatic so that it rediscovers Orange.

I'm currently upgrading the phone to the latest version to see if that makes a difference, the current version is v4.6.1.314.

None of the things I've tried have fixed the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how get my reception back?

Thanks

snhrph
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM
If the OS upgrade fails to help, wipe the device using JL_cmdr and reinstall the OS.

devnull
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybe it isn't the phone. Call Orange and talk to them.

houdmont
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I would call Orange, but unfortunately I have no signal... typical!

sweetangelgt
05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm with orange too, and I have no signal whatsoever my blackberry keeps saying sos and the my account on the orange website is down for maintenance....i have no idea on what to do as its too late to call orange at this time, did you get yours sorted and if so how please?

sweetangelgt
05-13-2010, 06:43 PM
just spoke to orange apparently its a nationwide problem that started in Wales and they obviously have no idea of when its going to get sorted....SOBs.....

houdmont
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
thanks for letting me know, at least now I can stop worrying that it's the blackberry!