PDA

View Full Version : My calendar has been wiped

flurblewibble
05-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi, new blackberry user, 9700 Bold, fantastic bit of kit.

I have deleted the Facebook app this am and the whole of my calendar has gone.

Please can someone help me out. I have reinstalled FB but that has not worked and i cant find any restore options for the calendar.

Of course, the backup is at home and i cant access that from here :(

Take pity on a newbie lol

Cheers

MidnightDraven
05-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Only thing you can do, restore a backup.

rambo47
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Try designating your main calendar as your default calendar. Sounds like Facebook was set as the default, so when you deleted Facebook the calendar went with it.

Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and make Calendar (CICAL) your email address associated with your appointments.

fonejunkie
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Check to see what your default calendar is, now that the Facebook calendar has been removed. Go to OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / DEFAULT SERVICES and see what is says for Calendar (CICAL). Try changing that value and see what calendar data appears.

flurblewibble
05-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi guys,

thank you so much for your reply and you are right the default calendar was set to facebook. I dont recall getting the option for this when i downloaded the app or being told that would happen.

I have changed the default from FB to one of the others (the only options that came up were my 2 email accounts) and deleted the app again but nothing has re appeared :(

Guess i have to wait till i get home and see what i can salvage.

Thanks again

rambo47
05-18-2010, 04:53 PM
If you entered your appointments into your BlackBerry with Facebook as your default calendar, they when you deleted Facebook you also wiped out those calendar entries. The good news is that if they're still on your Facebook calendar on the web then you can set Facebook up again on your BB and they'll come back.