PDA

View Full Version : Playing Vmail on my Blackberry from Unified Message Attachment

fubuki99
05-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Greetings,

I have a blackberry 9700 that I can't play any attachments from my Unified Message vmail that I receive on the phone. As soon as I try to open the attachment I get "the media being played is of an unsupported format" and " An error has occurred attempting to play media". What do I need to do to be able to play these vmail attachments? Do I need a codec or something?

KOR
05-19-2010, 01:17 PM
In our setup (Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007, mix of BlackBerry handhelds), if I remember correctly, Unified Messaging gets delivered to Outlook using a custom form, and the BB can't work with the custom form. The way we initially worked around this was by preventing UM messages being delivered to handhelds. We did this because if the user deleted the message, it also got deleted from the phone system. However, our Exchange admin can toggle a setting that delivers UM to the handheld with the attachment formatted as an as attachment the BB can play, without the custom form.

Don't know if this is much help, but hopefully it gives you an idea on where to start looking to address the issue.