PDA

View Full Version : suretype and acronyms/lingo terms?

jimn367
12-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Other than adding every unique acronym or lingo/jargon to suretype is there any way to disable suretype on the fly to manually input letters? I've been considering a 7130e and I was playing with one at a Verizon store. Suretype was ok, but I work in an industry where you can't get out 3 words without an acronym.

Any one else given thought to this topic?

jimn367
12-29-2005, 02:27 PM
I should add I searched on diable suretype and found some references to setting a text filter (not familiar with the procedure). However, that looked more like a permanent disable versus an 'on the fly' one time disable.

codyman
12-29-2005, 02:34 PM
check out the manual for the 7130e. It says in mine that to switch between multi-tap and suretype in put methods:

In a text field, hold the * (the key with the */double arrows on it) key

jliborio
12-29-2005, 02:39 PM
You can always compose a new email, click in the track wheel and scroll down and there is option to disable smart type.

jimn367
12-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks! I only had 20 minuytes or so with the device and the CSR was clueless.

phillyslickster
12-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm glad that you were able to get the help you needed here!!!

That's bad, but not unusual, that the CSR had no idea. They should really have the CSRs use the various phones for at least a week, so they can become familiar with the phones and be a better rep than just saying "all of the phones are good" when they have no idea what one does from the other.

AlwaysOn607
12-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Suretype also "learns" words from your useage. After using an unusual word a time or two, it should recognize just as any other word.

majorwoo
12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Also if you start typing a word like say:
airbus
and it gets it as:
airbia or airbis
you can hit del 2x so you have
airb
then hit the "us" again and it will remember that you didn't want airbia from before and it will get airbus.

Personally I find this feature to be awesome for certain words, though for acronyms multi-tap will probably work better.

whsbuss
12-29-2005, 06:16 PM
You can also add/remove words in the Custom Word List under options. That way it will already know the word without having to learn it.

MrKyoo
12-29-2005, 07:19 PM
In a text field, hold the * (the key with the */double arrows on it) keyThanks, I’ve been doing it the long way all this time (click track wheel then scrolling all the way down).

-MrKyoo